Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
682 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
last yr my car died on me in oct 2005 i was taking it out for the last time and notice when i was getting gas it stalled, got it started and was ok then on the highway at a light it stalled again pushed it over to the side of the road and cranked it over started and flew home well almost died on my at a stop sign now it wouldnt start again towed it home and has been sitting in my garage since, we tested the msd box as it said in the manual got spark at the coil so we hook it all back up and cranked it over no spark to the dist end with coil wire out of dist, cant fiqure what happened, any ideas would really help, i emailed msd also. thanks.

·
Registered
3,692 Posts
If you have spark at the coil but not to the dist end of the coil wire, it would seem the coil wire has a malfunction.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: 1 Bad 88 GT on 2/24/06 12:34pm ]</font>

·
Registered
38 Posts
went through a simalar problem with mine can you run without the box ?? to try an figure out which part is bad also check all your ground wire very carefully after a lot of fustration it was a bad ground connection

1 - 4 of 4 Posts