Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
825 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Norcal is calling in a favor from california F.M. members for Organized cruz to be filmed

Ok here is the deal on october 29th @ 11:30 am I am picking up a country recording artist by the name of Ray Riddle from the oakland airport. I am bringing him here to record a 14 song album from kentucky. So in talking to him the other day he told me he has been a mechanic his whole life. he has built many engines that still run strong today after 25 or so years. he also worked as a mechanic at his local drag strip back in the sixties and seventies. currently he machines heads. so my idea is to film the whole making of the album. I wanted to pick him up at the airport in some kinda vintage hotrod and then take him a bolck up the street where a whole motorcade of old hotrods of all sorts is waiting to basically cruz from the oakland airport to the studio in fremont. We are going to film the whole thing on 8mm film and also video. we are going to then realease a " making of the album" DVD later on with the cruz included.

I guess basically the idea is to pay homage to an oldschool rodder that can make a car go FAST and has been there and done it ( and still does ) also it would be a warm bay area welcome for a recording artist that is finally getting his shot to make an album after getting rejected in nashville 3 different times.

SO if you want your old car to be on dvd to be released for the world to see then this is the opportunity. This is not a paid event but if you get me your name I will give you a copy of the dvd when it comes out.

me and my wife are in so far. so we got a 64 and a 65 fairlane to start the list. let me know if your interested and if I can count on you to be there. then I will send you instructions and a map.

thanks,

norcal500

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: norcal500 on 10/11/06 3:49am ]</font>

·
Registered
4,154 Posts
Norcal is calling in a favor from california F.M. members for Organized cruz to be filmed

Thats a pretty cool idea! Good luck with it!

·
Administrator
21,795 Posts

I forwarded your post to a couple people I knew just in case they were interested also.

Deb

·
Administrator
21,795 Posts

Avoid rayriddle.com as it is full of dialers and such. At least that's what norton antivirus told me and took me forever to be able to close the window and disable my network so I wasn't connected to the net.
If you go to http://rayriddle.com/music.html It doesn't warn me of anything so must be just the main page? Or my computer is screwy.

Deb

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ShotRod64 on 10/11/06 7:59am ]</font>

·
Registered
825 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

yeah, please wait to go to rayriddle.com as the website is currently jacked up and that is what I am fixing right now. should be fixed in about 3 days. we are currently organizing a marketing plan for this project as we just took on this project and signed a deal last week to work together. the website is getting a face lift right now. my computer froze when I checked the site myself and I actually just got off the phone with him and we discussed some ideas for a new site.

thanks for reposting the post shotrod and warning the folks about the website bugs.

I hope it is a great turnout and should be fun.

if you go to http://www.pbs.org in the search box type country boys. Its a Frontline production done in kentucky about 2 boys growing up in a small, middle america coal mining town. Ray is the parent of jessica who is one of the boy's girlfriend. its a 21 part series over the span of 5 years. Its a very well done piece.

thanks fe hope you can make it. I like your falcon and my wife REALLY likes your car. we're the kind of folks who tend to find perfection in inperfection if you get what I'm sayin....

I'll post more info as I get it. Don't anybody tell Ray either. This is supposed to be a suprise. I want him to be freakin shocked when he gets here and sees this....

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: norcal500 on 10/11/06 3:20pm ]</font>

·
Administrator
21,795 Posts

Norcal, your email listed keeps coming back for some reason. Has it changed since you registered here?

Deb

·
Registered
825 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

yeah my new one is [email protected] if you need to get in touch. I will be posting more specific instructions and a map soon. I believe I have the support from the road devils car club in the north bay and possibly the crankers in alameda. tenativly I can count them in unless any plans change.

·
Administrator
21,795 Posts

Thanks, had someone that was going to email you for more info. I'll pass this along.

·
Registered
825 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

UPDATE :

So the meeting location is going to be the intersection of doolittle drive and hegenburger which is right at the mouth of the oakland airport. If you are coming down hegenburger road from 880 take a right on doolittle drive. Immediatly on the right there is a long strip for the cars to park single file.
The cars should be lined up on the right hand side in the large bike lane where my white van is parked.

Ray's plane lands at 11:45 am on oct 29th. I figure we should have him picked up by noon. I'll call one of my buddies who will be parked and waiting with the motorcade who will then let everybody know to start your engines.

Then everybody to file in behind as we take doolittle drive north towards alameda. Go over green draw bridge road becomes Otis dr. continue on otis until Park St. Take right on Park St. which is Alameda's main drag. Keep it at 25 to 30 mph in almeda because we don't want to piss the law man off. Take park st straight all the way over the park st. green draw bridge. Stay to the right and continue straight towards 880 south. take 880 south to automall parkway. exit at automall parkway and take a left on automall. go over the overpass and at the first light take a right on grimmer then a right on enterprise. the end location is 4432 enterprise, fremont, ca.

After we get to the studio and take a few pictures we can all meet at a local restaurant to eat around 2:00 pm The steakhouse is located at:
BECK'S STEAKS & SEAFOOD 510-797-7556
36665 CEDAR BLVD
NEWARK, CA 94560

thorton exit from 880 go west pass home depot. take right on cedar. beck's family steakhouse @ 2:00 pm REALLY GOOD FOOD and moderatley priced !!!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: norcal500 on 10/17/06 4:13am ]</font>

·
Administrator
21,795 Posts

Doolittle, that's fitting for the ride etc. I always think of Doolittle, Loretta Lynn's husband not the animal dude.

·
Administrator
21,795 Posts

Hey NorCal, how'd the cruise go? The No-Cal bunch seemed to have had a great time. I just ran across the email to them and asked them if they had a good time or not. Sounds like they had a blast.

Deb

·
Registered
825 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

Hey Deb,

Somehow I knew in the back of my mind you would be asking. I have a bunch of pics and I will post them later today. I have been meaning to do so but I just got real busy mixing down the album for Ray. The east bay galaxie club guys and gals were so fun to hang out with that day. Some real nice rides and definatley a first class group of ford enthusiasts.

I gave them all a nice tour of the studio we recorded at and then we had a nice meal at a steakhouse. I hope to do it again soon...

·
Registered
825 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

also you can check out a tune we recorded and is unreleased @

www.myspace.com/rayriddleband

If you like good country music or just good music in general check it out !!!

evan

·
Administrator
21,795 Posts

They are a fun bunch, at least the couple I've met that were down here for the Knott's show. The galaxie group down here are a lot of fun also. I was told by Bob that it's the Galaxies that make them that way.

It took me a while to get around to asking only because I totally forgot til I saw the email to Bob up there. I look forward to the pics! I only cleaned out over 900 emails!
Hey, you have a name too!

deb

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ShotRod64 on 11/30/06 7:19am ]</font>

·
Registered
825 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·

Ok Here are a few. I also took plenty of pics with my 35mm and video taped the whole thing. It will be released on the Ray Riddle " Making of the Music" DVD

and a few of the studio

and just for sh$ts & giggles here is some good pics of FEANDGOINGBROKE I took a few months ago

and I nearly forgot about Elvis with my wife's car who had just stumbled out of the bar to the rear of the car. Alameda car show 2006

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: norcal500 on 11/30/06 10:10am ]</font>

·
Administrator
21,795 Posts

What an ugly Falcon! Only kiddin FE, had to say it!
That Elvis looks more like Neil Diamond. Maybe alcohol does that.
That's cool. hahaha There are all kinds out there!
Love the doggie, he wants to be evel kneival or something maybe.
Thanks for sharing a few pics! Oh and the song was good too btw.

Deb

·
Registered
825 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·

Yeah the dog is my fav too. He always has his head in the same spot everytime I see that car.

Now that you mention it elvis does look more like Niel Diamond. Well thats Alameda for ya !!! haha

glad you liked the song. We got 13 more that are just as good. CD to be released in late Feb. 2007. www.myspace.com/rayriddleband

norcal aka evan

1 - 20 of 24 Posts