Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
581 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I DONT KNOW WHICH ONE TO CHOOSE THE DUAL STAGE BIG SHOT GIVES 200 HORSEPOWER FOR LAUNCHING OFF THE LINE, THEN 400 HORSEPOWER AFTER YOUR OFF THE LINE, THE BIG SHOT JUST GIVES 400 HORSEPOWER OFF THE LINE FOR THE WHOLE RUN, WHICH SYSTEM IS BETTER OVERALL

AND DO THEY MAKE A PLATE FOR THE DEMON OR DO I HAVE TO USE HOLLEY ONE?

·
Premium Member
14,758 Posts
I ran the NOS big shot dual stage. I started out small, (cheater system),and dual staged that, then worked my way up to the bigshot dual stage system. (all this on my brand X BBC tho). (Fords don't need that kind of assistance to make HP)......

In either case, to kind of answer your question, the dual stage is by far the easiest to 'tune', (if you can use that word to explain it). If you have any kind of traction problems, you can detune the first stage to a minimal amount, and then bring in the WORKS for the 2nd stage blast.
In either case, it worked great for my former application.
N/a, it ran 11.4's @ 119. On the bottle, it ran 9.90's @ 140+!!!!!

·
Registered
581 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
IS IT POSIBLE TO TAKE THE BIG SHOT AND USE IT IN 2 DIFFERENT STAGES, SO YOU HAVE 400 HORSEPOWER OFF THE LINE THEN HIT THE 2ND 400 HORSEPOWER STAGE FOR THE REST OF THE RUN

·
Registered
359 Posts
if you are talking about 800HP of nitrous you better have some serious **** in your motor, what kind of pistons are going to hold up to that

·
Premium Member
14,758 Posts
No. The bigshot system, utilizes (at least it used to), the cheater system solenoids for the first stage, and the bigshot solenoids for the 2nd stage. They both utilize the same spray bars. When one system is ON, the other is OFF, and vice versa.
Now, I'm sure there are OTHER systems that use BOTH at the same time, but you can only put so much NOS thru a certain size spray bar.
Call NOS, (or any of the other companies), and ask more specifics, but that's the way the OLD 2 stage bigshot used to work. Most, (and that was a generic HP rating), was the 400 hp 'pills' on the biggest bigshot tuneup. I believe the cheater size was 250., so even still (if it was possible), you'd only have maybe 650 total, (if you could run them both at the same time), (again, which I don't think you can with the basic bigshot 2 stage system).

·
Registered
19 Posts
Running dual stage n20..The most performance you can get is what the set up is rated..ie..nitrous express gemini twin pro 2 stage 500 x 2..that just means, you can run two full 500hp shots goin down the track..its not mulitplying it..its just set up to give you more gobabygo juice if you need it at the end..and you can set it up to automatically kick in at a certian time so you can run consistant times...

·
Registered
581 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i could not find the nitrous express gemini twin pro power 2 stage, where do they sell this kit?, it was not even on their website

·
Registered
35 Posts
gemini quad pro-power is the correct name. part# 66540-15. i'm telling you...NX says it's a 500 X 2 capable system.

·
Premium Member
1,153 Posts
I eventually will be spraying 2 kits once I have the Dart Block. 250 off the line through a fogger, then through a cheater plate system downtrack, another 250. All forged rotating assembly of course.

·
Premium Member
1,153 Posts
Mike, Im not sure we discussed this on another post, But why is it critical to have aluminum rods with Big Nitrous shots? Less stress due to the amount of weight being rotated? Maybe shock to the crank?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts