Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ready to see what my buddies '93 Cobra puts to the wheels. 302 stock short block, tfs twisted wedge heads with no work, e-303 cam, 1.7 roller rockers (stock for '93 cobra), stock cobra intake, short tube headers, 2.5" flowmaster exhaust, s trim vortech pumping out 10 lbs, meth injection, gt chip, pump gas, and some of those bells and whistles you fuel injected folk do to make power with this stuff (like bigger throttle body or whatever). Very basic off the shelf combo.

Anybody want to guess rwhp? Will post the results later. I'll start by saying over 460 to the wheels.

Before the supercharger I used to run with this guy at the track. Not anymore!!!

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
440-450rwhp would be my guess.

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
The dyno is going to break at 45 HP and that's all the readout you're going to get... heheheheheeeeee

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
459.2 hp at 6,000 rpm. Didn't pull it any higher even though it might have made a little more. The meth injection really is something. Don't have to retard the timing and runs on pump gas with the 10lbs pulley! This was done a Swanson Performance.

I did cheat a little. He had taken it to the dyno a few months ago and it made 452 while having a little trouble with a head gasket. Now has an MSD digital box and MLS head gaskets. Did good today. After Thanksgiving we'll take it to the track and see what it does on the Nitto drag radials.

·
Registered
373 Posts
Damn good numbers!
Good luck hooking up that beast on the Nittos. It should have a great mph for sure.

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
On 2006-11-14 16:46, Vinyl66 wrote:
Damn good numbers!
Good luck hooking up that beast on the Nittos. It should have a great mph for sure.
It wouldn't hook before the supercharger on the Nittos. Partly due to the driver. Never really did better than 1.9's and mostly 2.0's in the 60ft with the old stock suspension. Has upgraded the suspension more for the 1/4 mile now. We'll see.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts