Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lets see how many people have "Halo Roof" editions only available in the spring of 1971. Please post color too.

Mine is Ginger/Buckskin top, 351C engine

·
Registered
1 Posts
Mine is Pewter Gray with black vinyl top and red accents. It has 14,500 original miles, 302 2 barrel carb with C4 trans. Car is all original except for headers.

Does anyone know where I can get pillar covers?

·
Registered
809 Posts
I'm pretty sure a "Halo Roof" is a vinyl roof that the vinyl doesn't go all the way to drip rail/rain gutter and no vinyl on Windshield post. Has paint on post and between vinyl roof trim and rain gutter about the width of the windshield post..

·
Registered
28 Posts
Hi everone.
I have a light Pewter 71 torino 500 halo roof spring build car... I am the 2nd owner and have had it for 30 years.. How rare are they and what are they worth ? I just after all this time thanks to this forum found out about this rare torino..
I am never going to sell it but I am in the middle of a restomod with it.. 5 speed coil over suspension, rack n pinion or Saginaw box conversion. wilwoods on all corners blah blah blah I will be painting her very close to factory color and top but will be keeping the shaker hood set up I put on her 25 years ago ... The car is in perfect shape not 1 bit of rust any where, she has been Garaged her whole life...

I am a new member I have just finished a 70 Cougar I hope can be welcomed in this ford forum... Thanks Oli

·
Premium Member
2 Posts
Those halo roofs were offered on the "springtime special" editions., I believe. I have a '71 "springtime special" in medium brown with a brown vinyl roof and ginger interior, and yellow accents. On the Marti report it is listed as "Special Value Package C". It included "a choice of peppermint, light pewter or medium brown paint, unique "Halo" vinyl roof with accent color moldings, smart vinyl seat trim with accent color stripe, sporty trim rings and accent color hubcaps, rear hood molding, GT-style door panels with accent color stripe, protective bodyside molding with black vinyl insert and accent color paint stripes on fenders." (Quoted from the TorinoCobra.com Tech forum.) My Marti report says there were 32,900 Special Value Package Cs, and 14,471 with that paint code. Since the medium brown was not a standard paint option (it was only on the special), I assume that means 18,429 were the other two colors. No idea what the split there was... the light pewter was a standard color that year, and the "peppermint" ones I've seen in photos look an lot like the standard Medium green metallic (called "anti-establish mint" on the Maverick). :)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi guys,
I have a 1971 ford torino 500 special spring edition with the halo roof in the green color.
The car has just under 24000 original miles and is just beautiful.
Like some of you here, trying to find detailed information about these cars seems to be quite difficult.
If anyone would like photos if the car, or detailed photos of exactly what constitutes the "Halo Roof", feel free to contact me via email at: [email protected]. I would be happy to send photos to you
I'm considering selling the car, which of course has been garage kept
Everything matches in the car and overall all it's just a beautiful car inside and out
Thanks, Scott

·
Premium Member
3,637 Posts
very nice halo roof......
rotate pictures before uploading......
they are coming up sideway's..giving me a stiff neck looking at them..:)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts