Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For anyone who has installed the born again classics offset shaft delete where they use your bolt did you have to use washers to space the control arm to fit? I bought a set of Fatman fab control arms which comes with this type of kit I had a machine shop drill out the hole perfectly center and press in the bushings and they are pretty sweet but when I put them on the control arm wasn’t long enough to span the difference with either of the supplied spacers anyone else have this sorta issue? I’ll try to get some pictures tomorrow and post them up I have them on the car and they do work but I just want to make sure it is correct.

·
Super Moderator
21,528 Posts
Hadn't heard of that issue but this should bump you back up and maybe someone else has ideas. Have you tried searching here for offset shaft conversion? Might get lucky that way.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Modern drivers accomplish the same anti-slice features with weights instead of offset. You will be looking for something like a D type taylormade or a Callaway draw. Anything with more weight in the heel will help you close the face so any driver with adjustable weights can be kind of tuned to have a draw bias. The average golfer doesn’t want the offset drivers because of ego mostly even though it could help their game.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts