1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
862 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
777 Posts
That's interesting reading, but since the test was conducted by an oil company (or at least sponsored by one) I think the results were biased. Just like when Total Seal claims horsepower gains from their rings and yet none of the top engine builders in the country use them.

Going from what I have been told by tow seperate dyyno operators, one of which is NOT a dealer for this particular brand of oil, they both claim Royal Purple makes more power on the dyno than any other. And one of the shops this info came from was Kuntz & Co so it's not like it was Billy Bob's Fast Racecar Shop (I made that up). However, when all the oils have been compared, Amsoil did come in second to Royal Purple, and Mobil One which was rated higher by this test, actually made the same amount of power as Castrol petroleum based oil (which was less then RP).

But, everyone has theri favorite oil, and wont change regardless of what test they see.

·
Registered
862 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I agree, probably biased. There is however, a study on the net that was independately done (so it claimed). It actually came out in favor of petrolium based oil over synthetic oil. I will find it and post it when found.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts