Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
somebody made a post on oils, so ill go ahead and ask everyone about their info on oil filters and spark plugs. since i have always wondered which ones to go with. as far as oil fiters, i had been using fram's filter but a friend told me that they are not to good. so im back to the regular motorcraft filter on my 351C. i also have motorcraft spark plugs now, i was using those platinum plugs i think they are made by bouch. well the same hapened there, i heard some complaints about them from different people. any suggestions? what are you guys using?

·
Registered
11 Posts
There used to be a really good oil filter test website, done by some Dodge guy I think, but I lost the address. Does anybody else have it?
What I remember of it, he said the Frams are cheap garbage, and that Motorcraft and AC/Delco are the good ones.

·
Registered
2,129 Posts
I use Fram, mainly because they are orange and fit into my color scheme, right now I have motor craft plugs but I like the NGK "V" power plugs, and when I get to it I will index a set of those to see if there is a difference in performance.

·
Registered
3,700 Posts
Hmmm ... I've never figured Brand was a big deal on either one. I just insist on a commonly know brand and usually steer clear of anything that is too "WaZoo" ... Seems to me "WaZoo" is normally nothing but Marketing tactics

I figure it's more important to insure that plugs are gapped correctly for you application and proper tuning done than sweating out one brand over another.

On filters I figure regular changing intervals is by far more important issue.

My two cents

·
Registered
355 Posts
My brother in law owns a towing company that has been in the family for 30 years and he has our whole family using Valvoline oil products. As for the filter, who knows. That study from the other forum's link has me ready to buy the AC Delco filter (isn't that treason? ).

·
Premium Member
14,758 Posts
I run nothing but Ford/motorcraft oil filters on all my vehicles. FlHP1 race oil filter on the stang.
Motorcraft plugs in all.

·
Premium Member
2,806 Posts
I ran Champion C55C and C57C race plugs in my car with 12:1 compression(iron Sr heads) and nitrous. Same plugs on and off the juice, racing or street driving. I didn't have a problem with fouling and those few of you that know just how cold those are I was using, that says a lot. I've always used Motorcraft filters but I really don't know which filter is the best.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts