Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
can i get some feed back on this question .i have a 460 and
is it a good idea to run a line from the oil pump port above the oil filter to the oil port at the back of the block. it is for a street /strip eng .
i have made other mods to the oil passages like macking them biger at the pump and oil filter also drain back holes

thanks for youre time

·
Registered
291 Posts
We have never found it necessary to do that. Son ran a 490(4.5 boreX stock stroke)over 180 passes, shift @ 6700, NO problems.

·
Premium Member
2,806 Posts
The jumper oil line will stabalize the pressure in the block front to back where the 460 likes to have a little starvation problem from time to time on the last rod journal on the crank between #4 and #5 main. Some 460s shifted at 6500RPM and a little higher don't have problems while other 460s shifted at 6500 and above do have those problems. It's a simple and cheap modification to connect front to back to give the rear passages a fresh supply rather than the leftover oil remaining after feeding all the lifters first and then the front mains until finally reaching the back. Equalize pressure front to back and that will be one less chance of a problem occurring. Insurance in a sense.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts