Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Administrator
22,082 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have a preference on these 2? The 3 gauge sets are good but I just have nowhere to mount anything! So thought, for me, these 2 would be the most important. My idiot like gauge in my '64 Galaxie I'm familiar with where hot is starting. I have a box that sits under the dash on the console for all my radios and I have swing-away steering column which makes it difficult to mount anything below the dash in that area because of the cover that slides over with the column to hide the hole. Is there one out there anywhere that's not a gazillion dollars that has both in one gauge face? Does that exist even? I could squeeze one of those below my power outlet for phone on side of radio box then.

·
Administrator
22,082 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks all, maybe I just need to get 2 singles and find a place and way to mount them so i can see but still be out of the way. Is one brand good as the other of the cheap sets pretty much?

·
Registered
200 Posts
Have you looked into Classic Instruments? They sell really nice combination units in all different sizes and styles, may even have some mounting options for you. I'm not sure I've seen just oil press and amps there.

·
Administrator
22,082 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'll check them out. I haven't either actually. Maybe I can get creative and get a 3 gauge and take the temp one out and somehow uitlize that hole for the phone charger ports then can illiminate the one I have on the stereo box now and put the gauges where they are. That would take care of both issues.

·
Registered
200 Posts
I wonder if they'd do something custom for you. Not cheap, of course, but if they can do those gauges they have now, why not something a bit different?

If you did the charging port, you'd have to remove the glass lense for the gauge, no?

·
Administrator
22,082 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
If they are the typical 3 gauge sets the whole gauge would come out. You can buy individual ones or the typical 3 gauge set. You can basically rearrange them and also rotate or you can have 2 of the same gauge if wanted.

Gauge Motor vehicle Vehicle Font Measuring instrument

1 - 8 of 8 Posts