Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
255 Posts
I"ve never seen a Mercury Monterey or Marauder in the flesh, Are these gauges part of the dash or are they a seperate unit ? Has anyone here ever fitted them to a 63 Galaxie, Someone has previously fitted aftermarket gauges to my 63 Galaxie, mounted on the steering column, Although not original, I don"t mind the gauges being there, but i think these Mercury gauges would look more in keeping with the original Galaxie gauges that are in the dash, I"m interested to know peoples thoughts

Thanks, larry

·
Premium Member
3,671 Posts
I"ve never seen a Mercury Monterey or Marauder in the flesh, Are these gauges part of the dash or are they a seperate unit ? Has anyone here ever fitted them to a 63 Galaxie, Someone has previously fitted aftermarket gauges to my 63 Galaxie, mounted on the steering column, Although not original, I don"t mind the gauges being there, but i think these Mercury gauges would look more in keeping with the original Galaxie gauges that are in the dash, I"m interested to know peoples thoughts

Thanks, larry
It will fit.....
Look here.....
Ford Muscle Forums : Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum - View Single Post - Show me your tach

·
Premium Member
3,671 Posts
will the galaxie wires plug into the mercury panel?
i assume it would...but dont know for sure...
but if you have the merc dash harness....save that as well...
that may just plug into galaxie connector on firewall...:)

·
Registered
977 Posts
I have the hole car . was gona junk the dash with the body till I saw that post. I'll pull it and the harness and put that on my BUCKET LIST . I'm getting more from the merc. than I thought I would.bucket seats-console/w shifter-convertible top pump and rams-dashand harness-frame with a new front end-460 /C6 tranny-dual exhaust that I've already installed.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Thanks RAGGAREN,

Those pictures are great, Do you know if the Alt and Oil gauges could be removed from the cluster and used separately ( as a pair ) on the steering column, sorta like those Mustang Rally Pac ones, I don't want to change the whole cluster as i wish to keep the car as original as possible ? The reason i would like to go this way is because then the gauges would at least look like the Galaxie gauges

Thanks, larry

·
Premium Member
3,671 Posts
no Larry...gauges can be removed from cluster housing.. but thats all...

its all diecast into one unit....

·
Registered
255 Posts
Thanks RAGGAREN, i appreciate that,

I think i might give it a go, use the 2 gauges and do something with the cluster housing, i think it would be worth the effort, i could see blokes spotting it and trying to work out what / where it came from,

Thanks again for the photos, Regards, larry

·
Premium Member
3,671 Posts
I see the screws and nuts for the large chrome piece that fronts the radio, clock, etc. How does the chrome piece below the gauges come off?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
if like the galaxie...
that piece is held in place by switches...
some of the knobs have a small allen set screw on bottom...
once knob is removed, you will see a spanner like nut on shaft.....

1 - 20 of 32 Posts