Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm hooking up the oil pressure gauge in the same panel as the water temp (other post) and the sending unit for the gauge is HUGE. Not a chance for it to fit in the stock location. The oil filter, fuel pump, and PS pump are all right there. A buddy told me to try to plump it somewhere else, but there isn't really anywhere else to move it, unless I go out about five inches, and down about another three. I did see a plug on the block on the passenger side. Not sure what it's for. It's right behind the alternator, below the head. Is that also for oil? Could I hook up the guage to that?

·
Registered
283 Posts
There is an extension that is used for the oil pressure sender for a car with gauges. It is aluminum or steel depending on the car. You can get one from say a mid 80's 5.0 motor, and it'll work fine. Junkyard, dealership, or Mustang shop bound you are......

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Never mind, I fabricated one myself out of pipe fittings I had laying around and a couple from the hardware store. It looks kinda funny
, but it works. I'll put a picture up tomorrow.

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Here are the pictures:

and

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: thecougarguy on 4/27/02 8:52am ]</font>

1 - 4 of 4 Posts