Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What kind of oil is everyone using?

Whats the best non-synthetic oil?
I have tried Havoline and Castrol (whats in the car now) and both seem to get kinda runny after a while. Both were 10w-30.

·
Premium Member
2,806 Posts
I use Mobile 1 synthetic in everything and I mean everything!

·
Registered
2,129 Posts
I was running Mobil 1 in everything but it got just to expsensive, so I am now back to my old favorite, Texaco Havoline. I run 5W30 in all 3 of my cars, I figured at $4.80 x 8 just to change oil in the mustang using Mobil 1 was getting out of hand, that same $40 lets me change oil in all 3 of my rigs and get change back.

·
Premium Member
14,758 Posts
Mobil 1 in the SVO & Porsche. Whatever is on sale in the truck & jeep as they get a change about 2000 miles. Mobil 1 in all the auto trannies. Castrol 20/50 in the race car. Not too advisable to use a synthetic on nitrous.

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Why not synthetic with nitrous?

·
Registered
1,943 Posts
never had any problems with Vavoline in my race motors. Old 351c never used a drop with 20w50.

Older personal cars, Wal Mart brand. Seems to run good in the motors. Plan on trying the Wal Mart diesel oil in my PSD on the next oil change.

·
Premium Member
14,758 Posts
Something about synthetic oil & the blue bottle... if you don't have a near perfect ring seal or good oil control, it just kills plugs. We were playing with a BBC pick up last year, ran 9.90's & needed a oil change. Put in Mobil 1 & started killing plugs. Changed everything, fuel, plugs, timing, nitrous.. nothing. Went & changed back to Castrol... 9.87 all in the same day.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts