Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since the start of this year I have been trying to get my mustang finished and every other which thing in the fracken world seems to jump up in face and takes my car budget with it.

Most last recently my AC went out. I live on the near side of the surface of the sun in northeast Texas. There needs to be a word beyond hot to describe the climate so I had to get it fixed. As I suspected it was the beer can(big run capacitor) so 15 minutes, swap it out, 200 bucks. He checked the refrigerant too just to be safe. It was fine.

Before this I have had dead trees falling on my shop. I had to patch 6 punch through's and decided to also install an attic fan. I'm still waiting on the tree dude to cut down 2 dead trees that could fall on me. My 200 amp breaker box burned up. My cable/internet/phone went out. My truck tranny went and then it was truck battery-alternator-starter-regulator-radiator and shocks. Now I have the gas tank out trying to figure out why I'm not getting gas up to the carb.

Occasionally when something else isn't broke I go back to trying to finish up the porting on my heads so I can get them over to the machine shop.

I am just praying that the rest of this year isn't like the first 7 months.

·
Premium Member
1,330 Posts
Once you get everything fixed then you will have plenty of time and money.

·
Premium Member
3,340 Posts
my 69 has been collecting dust/hogging garage space for 28 years now, at times theres been budget things halt progress, but that was the 'minor' things, it could be worse believe me. at one time that car was one of the most important things in the world to me, but...

time, money, priorities are hard to have fall in line sometimes, but eventually it all works out, hopefully with a finished car :)

·
Premium Member
4,010 Posts
Welcome to life.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts