Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've looked and called the local bone yards and cannot find mid / late 60's through 1970's 15" 5 lug steel wheels to fit my 66 Galaxie. Pull a Part only has 1996+ Fords on the lot in Knoxville. Are there any wheels off a Taurus, or Crown Vic or other Ford car that will work with my Galaxie and 215/70 - 15 tires? Thanks for any advice here. I only need 2 to get me till next Summer, so I hate to order new wheels knowing I'll be changing them next year.

·
Registered
2,862 Posts
I believe old Chrysler products used a 5 x 4.5 bolt pattern, so Chrysler, Dodge and Plymouth vehicles could be sources too.

·
Registered
498 Posts
I believe old Chrysler products used a 5 x 4.5 bolt pattern, so Chrysler, Dodge and Plymouth vehicles could be sources too.
This is true... bolt patterns are the same...but watch out for the center hole on Mopar rims being too small to fit your hubs.

Not saying that is the case, just a possibility.

I recall putting Ford rims on a 67 Plymouth and the Ford rim center hole was larger than the Plymouth hub.

·
Subscriber
546 Posts
Ranger wheels work as well (check the year).
I picked up a pair of Ranger steelies, painted them black, and put spider caps on. Looks nice.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts