·
Registered
1,287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
4,520 Posts
It's payback...

When the Miata first came on the scene, many moons ago, there was a mad dash to toss the 4-cylinder and get some real power under the hood. (This was before everyone gave up and classifed it 'forever' as a "Chick" car). The baddest of the bunch was the Modzilla conversion. They somehow found enough room in that cramped comparment to install a 5.0 HO.

I haven't seen any mention of them in years, but for a while, they were being converted all over the place - in my area there was a one shop that advertised on them and several others that claimed they could do them on a cash 'n carry plane.

With the current prices of 1st generation Mustangs - you had to know it was coming.

Looks like a McClaren conversion that was done during the 80's, on Mustangs/Capri's...where they took out the back seat to make it a 2-seater. Lines are all fluxed-up.

·
Registered
333 Posts
I just have one question....WHY would anyone spend money to do this? This is like the Fiero/Ferrari conversions only worse. They can't be worth anything when completed.

Oh, and I take exception to the Miata being a "Chick" car. They can be a huge amount of fun and the SCCA racers can do amazing things with them. Yes, I have a 2006 model and I love it, and no I'm not a chick!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: carsnguitars on 10/4/06 10:32pm ]</font>

·
Registered
333 Posts
On 2006-10-04 07:49, FALCONAROUND wrote:
Chick car......
It's true....
Okay, so chicks dig it. Is that a bad thing? I kind of enjoy the attention. Also, as a note of interest: quite a few of the parts under the hood have FoMoCo stamped on them.

·
Registered
3,572 Posts
On 2006-10-04 07:32, carsnguitars wrote:
I just have one question....WHY would anyone spend money to do this? This is like the Fiero/Ferrari conversions only worse. They can't be worth anything when completed.

Oh, and I take exception to the Miata being a "Chick" car. They can be a huge amount of fun and the SCCA racers can do amazing things with them. Yes, I have a 2006 model and I love it, and no I'm not a chick!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: carsnguitars on 10/4/06 10:32pm ]</font>
Actually no it's not worse really. A Miata is a way better car than a Fiero ever was! Stu

·
Registered
333 Posts
On 2006-10-04 08:45, CaptVirgilHilts wrote:
On 2006-10-04 07:32, carsnguitars wrote:

Actually no it's not worse really. A Miata is a way better car than a Fiero ever was! Stu
Exactly, my point! Fiero's deserved a fate like that Miata's don't.

·
Registered
825 Posts
yeah the posers buy them.....imagine the horror when a couple REAL mustang enthusiasts gather around the car and start rippin on it cause its fake. seems the owner would constantly have to be on the defense everywhere they drive it...

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
The 5.0/Miata was the "Monster Miata" lol, I remember reading about them too...supposed to be the 'next Cobra'. Right.

I found this when looking for the 69 Mustang version of the Promax 'Vennom'. All I could find on that car was the Nova though. Then, to my utter horrification (said with my best George Bush impression) I stumbled onto this....thing! Terrorism at its finest!

Cris

Oh, and by the way...a Miata's not a chick car just cause chicks LIKE them, it's cause usually it's chicks that DRIVE them &gt
!

C

·
Registered
333 Posts
On 2006-10-04 14:54, Is1BadFord wrote:

Oh, and by the way...a Miata's not a chick car just cause chicks LIKE them, it's cause usually it's chicks that DRIVE them >
!

C
Let me live my illusion will ya?!?!

·
Registered
3,658 Posts
I'll race you around the autocross. You get the Miata, I get the 2006 OU FSAE car.

·
Registered
4,520 Posts
You guys need to quit picking on Miata's. They are a nice car, it's not their fault that lots of chick really like'em. If you read back on the history of the 64 1/2 - 66 Mustangs... a lot of them were bought by secretaries too. It was a requirement for the 'cool' guys to look for a V8 badge on the car before giving it the
thumbs up. There are more V-8 65-66 Mustangs on the road than the factory ever built. I willing to bet that many of the younger guys didn't even know they came stock with 6-cylinders.

There are a few Miatas' that will make your lunch and bring it to you.

Some of these will make your average (or even above average) "Ricer rides" want to cry! Not to mention an unsuspecting Ferrari.

http://www.monstermiata.com/v8Miata_Image.asp?theType=Car&theHeader=V8Miata%20Photos&thePage=CarPhotos
http://www.monstermiata.com/Monster_V8_Kit.asp
http://www.highwayone.com/Classifieds/Mazda/01aaai.html
http://www.monstermiata.com/Monster_Miata_Specs.asp

If you thought the Mustang rip-off was bad. Take a gander at this puppy.
The average car guy could look at the wheels and fenders...spot the fake in seconds.

http://www.monstermiata427.com/

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Beoweolf on 10/5/06 7:38am ]</font>

·
Registered
333 Posts
On 2006-10-04 15:33, thekingofazle wrote:
I'll race you around the autocross. You get the Miata, I get the 2006 OU FSAE car.
You're on!!!

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
On 2006-10-04 16:27, Beoweolf wrote:

http://www.monstermiata427.com/

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Beoweolf on 10/5/06 7:38am ]</font>
HAHA!!

Could you imagine flying down the freeway and seeing THAT? At 75mph you might almost think it's a Cobra...slow down...wth?! And the *cough* driving it is probably thinking 'Ahh...another admirer!!'

Probably what he's thinking when he's driving his early Mustang/Miata too!

Cris

·
Registered
429 Posts
I talked to a customer of mine on the phone, and he told me he got one of the last Monster Miatas made. Apparantly the comp0any was in dire financial straights, and the sold him a kit car where the engine already had 100,000 milres on it. He was not happy.

Not sure if the links above are the same company or not. Top down with a cool V8 sound is a great way to fly.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: MaxPower on 10/30/06 4:21am ]</font>

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
No, the monster miata's were actually a somewhat engineered and performed much like an FFR cobra. Plus they didn't try to be something OTHER than a miata...even if it was a miata with a bad attitude lol.

Those links above....no, unless you mean Beo's, not the others.

Cris

1 - 20 of 20 Posts