Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tried alot of parts store even hardware stores and The local dealership, and some trany shops.I been told they are pipe, which they are not. Been told they are automotive, but no one has any. Ford did say they are 1/4 18 but the c5 had quick disconect and the C4 had 5/16 brake line. I guess i have to go to the junk yard and get the fittings and a piece of the line and use some compression fittings . Hope they both used the same size line. What did you guys use?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ed351 on 4/3/02 7:43am ]</font>

·
Premium Member
4,386 Posts
The C5 case has 1/4" pipe threads.What you could do is get a 1/4 to 1/8 reducer and use some stock type c4 fittings should get you out of trouble.Most c4's use the 5/16" tube for the cooler lines.From what i believe the c5 had the larger threads in the case to allow the use of 3/8" tube for more cooler flow in truck applications.

·
Registered
1,943 Posts
Call Mark at www.bulkparts.com and see if he can get them for you. I know they stock the right angle fitting for the rear of the c4's since i ordered a few the other day.

If you have to buy a quanity of 5 or so to get the large fittings, I would be interested in some of the right angle ones.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
1/4 pipe would only go on one thread before it got tight. It needs to be a straight thread that compresses against a o-ring. I found a hydralic fitting with a o-ring and jam nut but it has a 1/4 flare so i have to use other lines with a female end.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ed351 on 4/3/02 7:11am ]</font>

·
Registered
128 Posts
I had the same problem finding those fittings for my C4 when I cracked one. First place I went to was NAPA in a small town and they had a little drawer for them but they were out

So I figured no problem, big city NAPA will have them in stock. Hell no. No one else did either. Ended up getting them at a tranny shop. They could tell what is was just by looking at it
Didn't need to say Ford or C4 or anything.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts