Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Administrator
21,661 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Headed to Oregon early in the morning and i don't want to get wet. Although the Kelso, WA area i come to expect it to rain. Always does there!

See ya all when i return and hopefully see some cool Fords at the cruise Saturday in Junction City! Of course i know one will be, me! :) Gonna pick up a couple of long time friends that haven't gotten to ride with me in the Shotrod since 1990, think it's bout time we all had a little flash back!

·
Registered
336 Posts
I'm doing mine for the Carlisle Ford show this weekend. The last three I have been to it has rained....grrr. Looks like it should be OK with just a chance of storms late afternoon on Friday and Saturday....we'll see...

·
Premium Member
5,846 Posts
Deb, everyone who has met you knows you are cool!! Have fun with the shotrod.
Tom

·
Administrator
21,661 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Gary be careful what u say! Lol. Just a few sprinkles til sun came out in portland. Had to stop to put another jacket on bout 50 miles north of there an made the shotrod mad cause only there 3 mins. Sound like running on half the cylinders when i took off. Patted her on dash and apologized for such a short break and she forgave me i guess cause she straightened up an ran right. Got to albany and it was hot and time for no jackets!

Rained last night like crazy but gone by morning. Fantastic birthday party of dads approx 50 people. Left, picked up friends, their, 40 something anniversary took them to function for junction cruise along with neice and her husband in dif cars. Had a blast, even stopped and picked up a couple along the street! Didnt see dan h til i met up with relatives and ended parking right in front of him!! I kept lookin at car. ,waved to wife as they backed out. Then finally i decided to say hey dan. It was him lol.
Oh and dad loved seat covers and wondered how i did that. Told him hunting local coupes for fittings and a forum at a place called the hamb board sent measurements also. Will have a few pics when i get home in a few days. Dad and stepmom even modeled the padded jeans lol. Great day today!

·
Administrator
21,661 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Here's a couple pics.
Dan's Torino, my dad's coupe seats that i was asking measurements for a while back and the bucket seat 'covers' i made for him and my stepmom to use when sitting on the white buckets he has been using for seats for over 30 yrs. Next year i'm going again for the Function for Junction cruise and heard him tell his ol school buddy that he was going next year also. Woohoo!

Told me yesterday he guessed he had to pull the coupe out to put the seats in and has to pull tranny to see why it's jumping out of second and fix the brakes. I brought him some Metal Ready and a can of fuel tank sealer for his tank as he's not going to get far with a bleach bottle gas tank!!

Other than my mom being in the hospital all but 2 days while i was there it was a great time! My buddy Dennis said the shotrod might not be the best looking car at the cruise but it would darn sure be one they remember! LOL

Dan
danheatsley.jpg

Bucket seat covers
bucketseatcovers1.jpg
coupe seats
48coupeseats.jpg
hitchhikers we stopped and picked up along the cruise route, Don't remember the names, think his was bob.
hitchhikers.jpg
My bud Dennis, it was he and june's anniversary and first time they've been in the shotrod since 1990 so it was perfect! For some reason i didn't get a pic of june though.
dennis.jpg
My nieces kiddos had a lap around the cruise also.
korakaden.jpg

And the latest mystery treasure of my dads. There is always at least one that i try to figure out when i get home! lol
eng4.jpg

·
Registered
2,797 Posts
Deb, Does your Dad need a gas tank for a 46 Ford? I have one that has not been used since it was sealed. And it didn't leak before, it was just rusty. I put a new Bob Drake repop one in my 46 Ford. It's his if we can figure out how to get it to him.

·
Administrator
21,661 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I'll ask him richard. 30 odd years ago he did the ol burn the oil inside trick which is why it's not used now. :) Not sure what the condition is of it now after all these years. Not even sure why he did the oil thing to it actually. But all that stuff has come off and clogged things up. You know, he's supposed to come up here when i get the seats done to pick them up. But not sure you'd have room or even want to carry it in your wagon when you come up here. Maybe someone will be going that way sometime from this area... Will see if he needs it first, he probably doesn't even know if he does other than to save the trouble of trying to clean out the one on the car and sealing it. '46 is the same as '48 just as the seats are?

·
Administrator
21,661 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
In case anyone wondered, the mystery engine has been identified. 46/47 Firebaugh for a 3 wheeled truckette . So far the H.A.M.B. board is batting a 1000. Got a hit and miss engine IDed there, got measurements for the coupe seat there and now this. Think there was another thing too that i got answered there. They were as much googling fools as i was trying to find what it was and then the right guy came along...!

·
Registered
2,797 Posts
41 to 48 are the same. Family stuff has come up and we are not coming up your way this year. Tank is clean inside and out so if some one has room? The guys I was coming up with are still coming so maybe one of them will haul it up. See if your Dad wants it as they are coming the end of July.

·
Administrator
21,661 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Sorry to hear that Richard, was looking forward to seeing you again. Hope everything turns out ok down there.
I totally forgot to ask him tonight, we were too involved in talking about that motor and then oddball one sided points and magnetos. :) I'll give him a call tomorrow evening and ask. Be great if one of them has room to carry it. If nothing else meeting at the Albany rest area or something as by then they might be ready for a pitstop and could just call when they are in Eugene or something, that would be about the right timing for them to get there in. Will let you know.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts