Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I give up on finding a 70-71 4 speed console. Does anybody know of any consoles that would work with modifications? Boy a 69-70 mustangs would look nice. Or even a newer application. If somebody has done this will they please post pics. Thanks

·
Registered
203 Posts
I give up on finding a 70-71 4 speed console. Does anybody know of any consoles that would work with modifications? Boy a 69-70 mustangs would look nice. Or even a newer application. If somebody has done this will they please post pics. Thanks
The bad news is, even if you find a console that can work, if it is applicable for a 4-speed, it will be expensive, and there's a good chance that the shifter won't be in the right spot, front-to-back, or at the right height.

I'm cheap and all about saving a buck where you can, but I ended up paying top dollar to get my 4-speed console. As an option, you can purchase a reproduction console body, but it is fiberglass, and you will still need the correct trim, ash tray, light, etc. for it. And, of course, it ain't cheap. DC has them for $530.

Now that we are moving into warmer weather, people will start clearing out the garage and basement, and will be selling off their project and spare parts. They go up for sale, but you have to be vigilant.

Sorry for the troubles you are having with your search.
Paul

1969 R-Code, 4-Speed, Drag-Pack Cobra Fastback Project
1967 Mercury Commuter Wagon w/mild 429

My Car Restoration Projects

·
Registered
130 Posts
Yep, I caught that as soon as it posted. I'm the high bidder lol, and go figure one goes on tonight for 150 no reserve. Just my luck......Doubt it stays anywhere close to 150 though I guess.
The one you are bidding on looks alot better than that one.
That guy I sent you to in Fraiser can make those plate look like new tho.

·
Registered
23 Posts
not to be a kill joy but i got a shifter plate for the Auto console for 100 flat on ebay. it came up one night and i jumped on it. I feel the pain with the console tho, right before I bought my 68 the owner pulled it from the car. I was pissed but I had figured I could find a good one for cheap....boy was I wrong.

Good luck with the search Macs Auto also sells new consoles and I think they are cheaper than DC.

·
Registered
371 Posts
Wow, did you see what that thing ended up going for? $1300+!!!!

I'm know the factory console looks nice and all, but why not just make your own? You can buy alot of MDF, glue and a router for that much.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts