Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4,832 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Check it out.

This car has the complete drivetrain,interior,wheels and tires and side scoops from a 94 Stang on it.

All the rear lights have been hidden in the bodypanels and can only be seen with them lit up!

I really think the interior is a work of art,to adapt of that late model stuff to this car would not be easy.

I was a real cool car to check out.

·
Registered
521 Posts
i wanna see the taillights lit up

·
Registered
1,904 Posts
Seems like a lot of work and he did a good job but then ruined it with that godawful paint job.I'm suprised he didn't put a wing on it.

·
Registered
976 Posts
If the man likes the paint job then...great for him and may he enjoy it....buuuut I think it may be hinderence when he tries to sell it.Im sure he probably realizes that though.

·
Registered
672 Posts
Cool, but like the others, I don't really car for the paint. I also don't like that they kept the factory TAPE player in, I would have, at least, got an aftermarket cd player.

·
Registered
977 Posts
Greg, you are right on with the auto trans. I had the 351C and C4 in my '31 Model A. These bodies are so narrow that there is hardly any room for the clutch pedal. I may try a T5 behind a 289 this time, though...
Anyway, in a 2400 lb street car, it is fun no matter what trans you run. I like the '60's cars as much as you guys, but nothing turns heads like an old Ford Hot Rod!!

·
Registered
238 Posts
Wahhh!!!! Sniff Sniff!!!BWaaaaahh! They messed up a 40' Ford!!!!! Please, someone tell me they found it all rusted out and with no chassis, then I will fell somewhat better.

I would hate to see a barn fresh car turned into that.

·
Registered
4,832 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well, That's what makes cars kinda cool to have?

The owner puts whatever he likes on it and gets a finished product that is custom to just the way he likes it?

Every car owner has his own take on how a car should be and to them it's seems like any other way is not as nice.

I like the "old school" B F/X drag car look alot but,there are tons of 64-65 Falcons that are totally lowered and customed up out there that I really don't like.

I also for the most part don't like stock cars too much?

If I saw a 100% stock 65 Falcon Sprint at a car show I would probably not even look at it?

It's all in the way the owner wants to car to be I guess?

·
Registered
280 Posts
Great car!!!!
I think the red should have been "redder" rather than maroon looking, but the scheme is great IMO.
I think the weakest point is the wheels.
I think they should have been really bright chrome spoked jobs at about 19 inches.
19 x 12 rear and 19 x 5 front.
That would look better than those matt alloy look.

If only we could all have a '40 coupe to play with and compare against each others.

·
Premium Member
14,758 Posts
I don't quite know what to make of it right now. While at first glance, I thought I was looking at someone's attempt at a 'remake' of a Willys gasser. (mostly the paint, and era of car). Then I saw the stock mustang interior,,,,,,(to each his/her own)

I agree that it needs 'gasser style' wheels, to do it right, but then again, he's got too much of everything else going. (stock/retro/modified to fit/).

Either do one thing, or another. Don't mix and match stuff. (i.e. either drag it, go nostalgia, go custom, etc, etc). My .002 (which ain't worth chit).

1 - 13 of 13 Posts