Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I've just returned from a 2200 mile drive from Cherokee Ia to San Antonio. My son graduated from his Air Force boot camp so we went to see him. First, San Antonio is home to the biggest ugliest women on the face of the earth. My town of 5000 has better by far. Trust me on this one, all 200 pounders, easy. They had this thing going on called Fiesta with floats and ****, they couldn't even find enough good looking girls for the floats!! My wife of 20+ years is always worried about her "baby pouch" We laughed our ass off as we watched some of these floats go by with the hippo's in tight dresses. One disturbing thing is the kids and the street racing. They drop the hammer almost everywhere, run lights and generally seem to think nothing matters. They will ruin our hobby if this stuff isn't stopped. One race on the news was about a kid who ran a red light in a race and slammed into a car with 4 people in it. Then he gets out and runs away, like they won't find him? Fort Worth I'm going 85, like everyone else, and here come 6 bikes, all well over 100, no helmets and one had a passenger hanging on for her life. Dodging between traffic, scared the **** out of everyone who saw it I'm sure. I was just waiting for them to die. The scariest though is the women driving these big ass Yukon's and Mounaineers like they are little sports cars. My guess, and I'm not in Texas, is that when there is a crash it gets bad real fast for anybody there, bumper to bumper, 85-90 from San Antonio to the Oklahoma border I saw only 3 older cars, 2 chevy's and one old Mach 1 in rough shape, nothing but new stuff with big ass mufflers. I'm damn glad to be home!!

·
Premium Member
111 Posts
Having spent a lot of time driving in Texas, I feel your pain! Living here in MA, where we're rated as some of the worst drivers in the country, I can tell you truthfully that I was a bit intimidated at first. The difference out here is that we haven't got the room to make those quick moves at high speed. Most of the highways are only 2-3 lanes wide, so there's little room for error. That's probably one of the reasons we have so many crashes. You wanna really get scared, travel to the Middle East. I worked for an Israeli software company a few years ago and spent ten days over there. Oh, traffic jam on this street? Well we'll just use the sidewalk, that seems to be relatively clear at the moment! The Israeli drivers make New York taxi drivers look like rookies.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts