Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went to the local track on Wed. nite. There was a guy running a Pinto with a 2.3 turbo...no nitrous, just alot of boost.
Car had stock suspension with bolt-on stuff, and slicks, C4 automatic w/brake. He went 9.62 @ 133 with a wheels-up launch. This automatically makes him faster than "Turbo" Joe Morgan's Pinto (who only runs 10.50's with a 2 stage NOS unit!). Very nice!

·
Registered
474 Posts
i know a guy from down my street, he has a Drag Pinto, i don't really know what it has, but it does have Slicks, and it is purple... and he occiasionally drives around the block, around 90.

·
Premium Member
2,806 Posts
I'd love to see that. I like the little turbo'd 2.3s and the Pintos are a natural for those little engines. I bet he has fun stompin the ricers. Quick/fast Pintos with 2.3s are totally cool in my opinion.

·
Premium Member
14,758 Posts
Ok, ok, ok, as long as we're talking about Pintos.

I used to drag race a 76 Pinto.
4 cyl, n/a. Turned a best of 14.53 @ 96 mph, waaaaaaaaaaaaay back in 85. (that'd be 1985).
I've got pictures to prove it...........na/anaaaaanaaaa//naaaaaaaa.

·
Registered
1,904 Posts
Oh,yeah.Well I bought a 1971 Pinto NEW in December 1970 and raced it a few months later at Lions in Long Beach/Wilmington.Turned 17.something as I recall.Considerably slower than the '68 396 Camaro I traded in on it.

·
Registered
521 Posts
i sure wouldn't mind learning mroe about turbos...
i think they are sweet

1 - 7 of 7 Posts