Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

Online retailer : US Versus Canadian

1K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  rcodenewf 
#1 ·
Does anyone know any reputable Canadian online parts retailers.

I am just wondering if it would be cheaper to buy from a big retailer in the US (taking into account the exchange rate, shipping and customs) as opposed to buy locally.

I am currently shopping for a 75 mm BBK Throttle body & plenum + other stuff for my 02 Mustang GT

Ex : I called a local Ford dealer (maybe not the best place to get a quote ?) for a Ford Racing 3.73 gears set = 253 CAD
In an MM&FF magazine add I saw it at 144 USD. quite a difference

Thanks

#4 ·
253 dollars for a set of 373 gears is not a bad price at all! and FORD gears at that!
when u shop in the US, factor in the exchange rate, shipping, customs...it all adds up...

theres a cpl mustang shops in Toronto that have some good deals...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Magic on 5/28/06 10:43am ]</font>

#5 ·
Hello. Give the mustang shop in Calgary a shot. We just finished a stroker 347 in my son's 94 gt. Pretty well everything came from them, Trick flow heads, intake, TB, MAS, cold air, spec clutch, headers you name it. Service is great. Prices couldn't be beat and if in trouble or doubt about a part Matt, the owners son will certainly talk you through it. They're online at www.themustangshop.ca
Tell Matt that John sent ya

#6 ·
Even with our high dollar right now we still seem to be getting hosed on prices although they are better than they have been in a long time...I just bought a set of Edelbrock heads off of E-bay and shipped to my door step I still got them for 1/2 price of what I could have bought them for here....Apparently there is no duty on car parts as long as they are manufactured in Canada,U.S or Mexico but check out shipping costs carefully as it can make a good deal not so good!

#7 ·
I buy parts frequently from Canadian Hi-performance discount http://www.hi-performance.com/ Generally their pricing is fairly good.I just ordered some stuff from Summit and they are shipping it through the mail which helps a lot as you avoid the FedEx/UPS brokerage fees that way and you only have to pay the taxes and a $5 service charge.I have also ordered from AD Performance and they were able to ship via the post office as well.

#8 ·
Bought my aluminum heads from Brian at Ad Performance and he shipped via USPS. Service was great. For years I dealt with Canadian Hi performance discount but over the years I have noticed huge increases in their prices and therefore I switched over to the mustang shop.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.