Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking to do a 3g conversion this weekend for my 67 and have a diagram that will work for me but was looking to see if anyone has an opinion on what car I should cannibalize this out of? Mine already is fitted for an alt with an external regulator so the brackets are available. Any idea on any 3gs that would bolt on with minimal effort? I don't have a shop available to fabricate new brackets unfortunately as I am at college so I am looking for a solution that is quick and painless.

I leave it to the experts now!

·
Registered
10,312 Posts
PKTDB - to avoid adjuster arm mods, use the short-ear 3G from '94-'97 Thunderbirds or Cougars with the 3.8L V6 engine, or '94-'00 Mustang with either the 3.8L or the 5.0L in '94-'95. The short-ear version has the same bolt spacing as your original alternator.

David

Swap your old pulley on it and run. Tech articles are on this site:

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Awesome, that is what I wanted to hear. Can get one for $20 locally. As long as it bolts right on I am good to go.

Thanks David!

·
Registered
10,312 Posts
Check the tech articles. Sometimes you need some washers to space for alignment on certain engine/alternator combos, or one under your old pulley to prevent rubbing - but no biggies. Good luck and have fun.

David

1 - 4 of 4 Posts