Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It looks like I have 2 options for my 70 cougar XR7 and I would really appreciate some opinons.

The first option is to fully rebuild my original 351C and do a slight bore and stroke to be pushing somewhere around 400ci. I would also swap the 2v heads with some 4v heads off another 351C and I already have an edelbrock intake and carb on the 351C but it doesnt look like i would do much more then that to that setup (posibly a cam upgrade).

The second option is that my dads frind has a 429 with a c6 that he would be willing to put in there for us a decent price. Its very unlikly my dad would allow a 429 stroker or even a bore other then for rebuilding purposes. All I could see him leting me do to a 429 would be some head work to the stock heads and intake manifold and carb.

What setup do you think I would be hapier with for street aplications? Any opinions would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
My dads friend in high school had a police intercepter engine which was a bored out 351C and blueprinted by edelbrock. Hes always talked about doing something similar becuase he loved that car. Also theres a good chance I fried the crank (the bores must of goten cloged and it wasnt geting oil, car overheated and is basically undrivable) so we would have to pull the crank. I know this sounds sketchy but im 17 and he doesn't want me to rap myself around a tree. What I do to that car performance wise has to be withen his limits.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What kind of power ranges could I be expecting from each of the setups? What engine do you think would be cheaper do buildup? Both engines would need to be rebuilt but we already have the 351C we would still have to buy the 429 w/ the c6. Thanks again.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.