Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for opinions on locking header bolts, after 3 yrs on the road we found 5 loose ones on our 351C, my son suggested locking header bolts so I googled them and most were the type that have a oblong washer that fits over the bolt head and is retained by a c-clip to keep the bolt from unscrewing but I thought this would be a pain to install, then I found these from Taylor ( Vibe-Lock ) which looks simple enough to install and the company is not far from me here in Missouri. Has anyone used these that can give me a honest opinion ( pros / cons ) also if you have used their aluminum header gasket they produce as well. Link attached to website with video of installation process. Thanks ... Jim

Taylor Cable Products - Vibe Lock

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Looks cool. but how do you get to the ones that you can only use a finger on to tighten? I got 3 on my Falconaround that I cannot get a tool on other than a very short open end wrench.
FE yea I noticed they used Chevy block hugger headers that give easy access to the bolts but my FPA headers aren't too bad except the inner two cylinders by the shocktowers next to block but I can access them from under the car with a socket with a swivel socket and extension. If like they state you only have to turn allen set screw a 1/4 to 1/2 turn to lock I could access that part on all of them from above. I just wonder how well they work along with their aluminum gasket.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts