Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all - I am a newbie on this site, and looking forward to learning from you gents. I am 35 and the only fun car I have had was my '89 Mustang which I did an engine swap on so I am not afraid to wrench and learn.

Anyway, the stang is gone now, and I am looking at late 60s Fairlanes. I just love the way they look. I am bidding on the below car on eBay, and would love to hear what some Ford Muscle guys think of it.

Thanks in advance for any advice on the car!

Ford : Fairlane Ford : Fairlane | eBay

·
Registered
489 Posts
Looks good to me. I have a show quality 68 Torino and its generally the only one at the shows. They are one of the best body designs ever done by Ford and were only produced for two years. My (not so humble) opinion. John--Las Vegas

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Looks good to me. I have a show quality 68 Torino and its generally the only one at the shows. They are one of the best body designs ever done by Ford and were only produced for two years. My (not so humble) opinion. John--Las Vegas
Cool thanks for the look. I would love to see pics of the Torino if you have any. I agree with you that these body designs are very cool, and from my research relatively ignored from a classic car value perspective which is fine by me. I am looking for a cool car I can cruise to shows in with my wife and 2 sons, and also not break the bank.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Looks like a nice car, good luck with the bidding

·
Premium Member
34,853 Posts
Far too much money for far too LITTLE detail.

Sure some stuff was done to it, the paint is OK from maybe 10 feet, but the engine bay is disgraceful and filthy, and it's a bench seat car...

I think it's worth a max of $6000.... But then again it's $6K now day's to even get PAINT on a car so maybe it's worth it....

·
Premium Member
1,060 Posts
Pre '70 cars are getting hard to find. If you're going to use it for an investment, FE is probably close. In my opinion if you want a great looking fun car to drive that are few and far between I don't see where that's too much. If it was a chebel the price would be a good bit higher. Fords don't seem to have as good of resale value as cheby or Dodge. Personally, I think you get more for your money when you buy a Ford. Getting your money out of them when you go to sell them is the problem!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts