Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wondering if anyone has had a windshield replaced on their 69... Only one shop I've contacted can do it because of parts availability, and they said $399+tax. Anyone have input as to what they paid, maybe shops to call? I live in Sacramento, CA.

Thanks!

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'd still be pretty stoked to have a 61 but yeah I guess having a 72 f100 and 64 Chevy c10 previously spoiled me with parts availability! Made an appointment for windshield tomorrow.

·
Premium Member
1,060 Posts
Got the windshield replaced in my '64 Gal last summer. Tinted glass $450, even tipped the guy $30, he was going through a divorce and did a darn good job. I had to supply the rubber though, was lucky I had it left when I replaced all the moldings :).

·
Registered
925 Posts
Sad thing is my 61 windshield looks good, only a couple light wiper scratches. But turn into the sun or headlights and whiteout! Too many winters being driven on the sanded roads in Denver, millions of tiny pits.
Mike

·
Registered
293 Posts
about two years ago had my 69 front windsheild replaced for around $250.00. tech even came out to the farm and replaced it in my garage. company he worked for had no pblm getting a replacement windshield. but i live in the midwest so maybe that makes a difference.

·
Registered
287 Posts
In reference to the Eastwood winshield haze remover, it works great for wiper streaks. It doesn't remove any scratches that your fingernail catches but if your having problems seeing in the sun it's great!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts