Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK we put in a 302 in my 78 Ghia coupe. Runs great while going down the road...about 190-200 degrees, but when I'm idling for a few mins temp starts to go up. I changed the waterpump and thermo. Also I have headman headers on...was thinking about getting the hookers that have the coating...would that Make a difference? The rad is part 514 and 3 core using the mechanical fan. Not sure what kinda of aftermarket electric fan would fit or take care of the problem. Please help. This is not a stock 302...was just gonna put the reg manifolds back on if all else fails. Maybe I can find something at Carlisle this week end. I usually run my car in the parade on Memorial day and today it over heated and I had to retire to a safe spot early....any advice and help is greatful...thanks!!

YO STEVE

·
Registered
270 Posts
Is your radiator used? If so, maybe it needs to be cleaned out, pluged cores will kill the cooling at low rpm.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Went to Carlisle and got a smaller water pump pulley and it solved it. drove home 2 1/2 hrs and it ran 190 or less degrees and hit traffic on the way back and didn't go over 190...thanks all!!

·
Registered
3,233 Posts
Turning it faster.......

1 - 10 of 10 Posts