Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just ordered the Black Magic Extreme 180 Electric Fan , we’ll see how My66 does with it

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I’m running a champion 3 core aluminum, no shroud
Speedy Delivery just dropped this off my project tomorrow

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Gloom, despair, and agony on me
If it weren't for bad luck, I'd have no luck at all
Not enough clearance from fan to pulleys and my radiator has an upturned Lower neck ain’t happening Tomorrow I’ll return it and get a 6 blade fan and a spacer try to make a shroud

·
Registered
644 Posts
How much room do you have?
I used the fan/shroud from a Taurus/Mercury sable & you can trim a lot off the shroud really easily to fit.
The Taurus style fan/shroud kicks out allot more air than any commercially available fan I could find!
I bought 2 of em, grab the thick power cable & fuse/holder comes with it, all for 45 bucks.
Cools a 347 stroker with no issues at all!
I will take some pics if you like

·
Registered
644 Posts
With my new set up, I noticed the fan is allot closer to the rad. than it was before.
I;m thinking if you add a shroud now you got the overheating issue licked in any situation, eh.

·
Super Moderator
21,522 Posts
I put my fan on the outside of the radiator. Had to have it off to the side because of the hood release mechanism and just squeezes behind the grill but it fits, barely. Works great. You should be able to do the same on yours with the electric fan. Best thing i ever did for cooling. I ran a toggle switch for mine so it's only on when i want it on.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts