Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
14,758 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I personally have never had a better experience in dealing with a company, for anything. PA performance is the best. Always great service, always great products, and always great prices.
Just lately, bought their SFI approved bellhousing, and flexplate. Granted, flexplate was a no brainer, but for sure at the very least I assumed the bell would require massive amounts of cutting/nursing/fabricating to get to fit/clearance. A little spot above one starter hole. Voila'. Fits like a glove. Highly recommend their products!
PA's the best!!!!!

·
Registered
284 Posts
call me whatever, but what do larger or racing or lighter flexplates do that a stock cant, are there more teeth to make it start ezier? just curious and ignorant to them!

·
Premium Member
14,758 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
There's no such thing as a stupid question. If a person doesn't know something, simply ask.
There are arogant/pissy answers, but NO stupid questions.

The items I purchased recently, were SFI approved, (safety specs), for NHRA racing.
They aren't faster/lighter, just supposedly/allegedly stronger, (well, SFI approved).
To run 9's, you gotta have a buttload of safety equipment on your vehicle, and the flexplate and bellhousing are just but a few.
The flexplate from what I can see, comparing it to the stock one, is a tad bit thicker, and reinforced in what must be 'strategic areas'. That and it has that ALL IMPORTANT SFI sticker on it.
The bellhousing is a whole nother matter. Thicker'n hell. Very nicely machined/made.
Came with all the bolts (2 different sets), allen heads for the bellhousing to motor, and hardened for thru bellhousing to adapter/front pump.
Safety, safety, safety.
If you want, gimme your e-mail, and I"ll send ya a pic of the items.

·
Registered
51 Posts
<font color="blue">I just bought all my tranny stuff from them...Great guys to deal with!
</font>

·
Registered
58 Posts
I'll be the spoiler here. I sent them my transbrake back since it up and died on me. Two weeks go by and hear nothing and no one will return my inquires about it nor my emails. I finally got to the correct guy on the horn and it took 8 hours to figure out where my not very cheap brake had gone and they have supposedly shipped me another. Everybody screws up now and then, but not returning my calls annoys the hell out of me.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Bought a starter from PA Performance, and the guy was very helpful. Wanted to make double sure he was sending me the right one. I also ordered a chrome 3G alternator, and without saying anything, the guy knocked off around $50! It should come in this Wednesday. If it's a piece of crap, I'll let you know, otherwise I like 'em so far.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts