Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As you probably would guess my package tray is shot. What are the best resources for getting original or reproduction parts? Is there a way I could fabricate one myself? Gotta do it. It's the only bad part of my interior. 66 500 XL

Attachments

·
Registered
130 Posts
Good luck! The '66 had the featured rear seat "bucket bench" that had a special package tray made of metal. I have searched all over for a replacement and have not found any. Wound up removing mine, sanding and painting it (rear window leaked & water sat over the winter) Junk Yard or the Ford Nationals at Carlisle may be the only placed to find one.

·
Premium Member
416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It is a bucket bench but it is shaped around the buckets. I've heard of metal but only as a fabricated replacement.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I thought these were gone too but I found a guy that makes them for the 68, and I believe they also work for the 67. The next hurdle was the cost, the guy was charging over $200 with shipping. Fortunately I waited and now the guy is selling them through macsautoparts.com for $42.95, shipping extra (I think around $50). It's listed under "Rear Window Package Tray - Ford 2 Door Hardtop".

Here's a link;
1968 Rear Window Package Tray - Ford 2 Door Hardtop - MAC's Antique Auto Parts

·
Premium Member
416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Trying not too. First my boss at the new restaurant is having $ problems and owes me $1500.00. So I don't know if we are opening and I'm in the job hunt again. Secondly it looks like I might be getting a divorce. And since my wife makes 3 times as much as me, and I'll be moving out, might have to sell. I hope not.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts