Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
625 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I will have some extra $$ and time this summer and was thinking, about redoing my wiring system. Has anyone here used a Painless wiring kit. I want something complete yet simple, and allow room for me to add to it. Any tips, tricks and help would be appricated. Thanx.

·
Premium Member
2,908 Posts
Take your time and plan the whole project out, deciding exactly where each wire will go, etc., before you do any drilling or cutting. Get acquainted with each harness. Lay the whole thing out on the ground first and know exactly where each thing is going to go before doing anything. Work from the front of the car backwards. They say you can do it in about 12 hours. Plan on 24 hrs. (two long weekends) when all is said and done. Not that the actuall installation is lengthy, but if you really want to hide the wires as much as possible, you shouldn't rush it. The tech guys are very helpful. It's not too bad and you'll have peace of mind.

·
Registered
698 Posts
Good advice Hanky, have you installed one? Do you have a car with the Painless kit in it? If so, would you use another?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: RPM on 5/16/02 8:02am ]</font>

·
Premium Member
14,758 Posts
The painless kit isn't painless, I have the dented forhead to prove it
They make a good part. If you work slowly & when you cut, cut a little long first, it takes more time & effort, but you won't have any splices. The kit has plenty of length & good instructions. I'd be happy to use them again.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts