Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
837 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My torino is in need of a paint job and minor body work (door dings, chips, etc.)

Anyone got any recomendations, shops in the SF bay area, what I can expect on pricing?

·
Registered
830 Posts
I had my 64 painted at Earl Sheib in SAn Jose for under 300.00 about 5 years ago still looks good . What type of paint job are you looking for? Remenber prep is very important. PM me if you have any ???

·
Registered
4,589 Posts
"Be a man, Use a rattle can!"

I dunno, It just popped into my mind and I posted it. Kind of funny IMHO>

·
Premium Member
837 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
On 2006-03-07 17:54, wildosvt01 wrote:
"Be a man, Use a rattle can!"

I dunno, It just popped into my mind and I posted it. Kind of funny IMHO>
Thats what the current paint is, but cheapo krylon that is fading bad.

·
Registered
92 Posts
the high volume paint shops are a good place to go because the guy spraying the cars is all he does allday everyday. you have to make sure that your body work is done right and like said up top prep is everything. if you take your car in to one of those shops make sure everything you don't want paint on is off the car or they will paint it. other than that they do some good work.

·
Registered
83 Posts
I would say if you plan on keeping the car, spend the extra money for a QUALITY job. My neighbor had a rush $1400 job on his coupe,lasted a few years and now the top panels are fading and getting really white(the car is blue)I just rubbed it out last week and it looks a little better, but probably wont last.Maaco used a "integrated" clear, so when you rub it, color comes off too.

My paint was a "back yard" job that i paid about $3500 for, but would have ran me easy $10-12,000 from a shop.My paint alone was about $625 a gallon(2 gallons used) and another $300 in the second color,and clear.

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
Just remember that you pay for you get; but you don't always get what you paid for!!!

I painted my car with Acryllic Enamel as came on the car for about $300.00. And a lot of prep work.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts