Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,867 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
To you guys that have painted a few or a lot of cars and trucks. FE I think you fall into this.

Not just paint and flip, but still have the cars or know where they are. And the paint (Base/clear) held up well.

Going to try my hand at this painting thing, with the help of a co-worker who has painted several, but hasn't kept them long.

What brand and paint line would you recommend? Prefer it not to be $400+ a gallon base and $300+ clear. But if it has to be then so be it.

I will stick with the same MFG for primers through paint.

Thanks,
Jet

·
Registered
809 Posts
To you guys that have painted a few or a lot of cars and trucks. FE I think you fall into this.

Not just paint and flip, but still have the cars or know where they are. And the paint (Base/clear) held up well.

Going to try my hand at this painting thing, with the help of a co-worker who has painted several, but hasn't kept them long.

What brand and paint line would you recommend? Prefer it not to be $400+ a gallon base and $300+ clear. But if it has to be then so be it.

I will stick with the same MFG for primers through paint.

Thanks,
Jet
I use PPG, Buddy recently sold a Camaro I did over 20 years ago and the paint was still very nice. I painted it with DBC, a little pricey tho. I have also had nice results with their Mid-range Omni line. They now have a Omni plus too.

I have a bunch of vehicles that I see pretty regular that I painted with Omni 3-6 years ago and they have all held up nice. I actually like the Omni production clear, sprays nice and comes out like glass. I think it is around 150 for a gallon of clear and quart of hardner. 4:1

Omni base color averages around 200$ a gallon, more for your reds and such.

I have used Ppg for a long time, still had Ditzler on the can back then lol

But have had great results with it.

Lou

·
Premium Member
2,867 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It will be stored inside at home or under a cover if I have a project in the garage. It will get driven to work quite a bit when weather permits, evening shift or midnights all I can hold. So, it will get some sun time.

I've heard about the Omni line. Mostly good things.

The price I qouted was the Deltron line through TCP. It's a Mini cooper blue. That the Ring Brothers used on their Bailout Mustang.

·
Registered
2,334 Posts
Check into Valspar color and DeBeer clear, the best system I have ever sprayed in the 20 some years I have been doing it. Best of all, its usually cheaper then Dupont and PPG, and they have awesome customer support. I was a DuPont guy for years untill I sprayed Valspar, I have never looked back.

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
Ive had really good results with the Omni's also... Reasonable pricing... Prep is really the key, if you are not using spray can/tractor style paints... The new Duplicolors paints being offered are also decent but to me still to new to make a call on.....

M2C

MRO.....

1 - 7 of 7 Posts