Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys

I started painting my oil galley. The water jacket side and the oil galley itself.
Problem is I don't know where to continue :-

Where else to I finish the painting on the inner block.

For those that don't know; by painting the your oil galley, it makes the area smoother in order for the oil to get back to the moving engine parts QUICKER.

Cooling the parts down and less friction also.

Any and all info on this subject will be greatly appreciated guys.

THANK YOU
GOD BLESS

Schooner

·
Registered
3,658 Posts
Well, there are some that say painting the surfaces decrese the oil's ability to cool the block, because by filling in the imperfections you also decrease the surface area....

But, like indigo66 said, I would imagine you could paint everything but the friction and sealing surfaces.

·
Premium Member
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hey Guys

Thanks for you imput. However, I will be installing an extra large oil pan a quart extra, therefore more oil more easier on the engine and its parts.

THANKS AGAIN
GOD BLESS

·
Registered
54 Posts
I have seen pinted in lifter galley and area behind timing chain. It ooks great when complete. Tape off all gasket contact locations, lifter bosses to keep coating off lifters, up to tp of deck and up to manifold deck-front and rear. The same for the area behind the timing gear area. stay off gasket surfaces.thrust plate area, . Watch for any drainage ports that could be blocked off if coating got in them. What brand epoxy did you use? Hope this helps.Paul

1 - 5 of 5 Posts