Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi does anyone know???? there has to be a switch on the park brake pedal that would turn on the park brake light on the dash board, is this correct or is the switch somewhere else, thanks dan

·
Registered
10,299 Posts
hi does anyone know???? there has to be a switch on the park brake pedal that would turn on the park brake light on the dash board, is this correct or is the switch somewhere else, thanks dan
I don't know what year your Ranch is, but most have a simple tab on the parking brake mechanism that goes to ground when engaged. The wire is usually purple/white.

David

·
Registered
465 Posts
If there is a indicator lamp for the parking brake then there needs to be a switch mounted on the parking brake lever somewhere. ^5 and earlier had no such lamp.
R

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
it does have a brake kight under the cold hot lights on left side of dash, but dont see a switch, i think i will remove the park brake assembly and clean and look at it closer for a electrical contqact of some kind

·
Registered
10,299 Posts
While usually a simple tab, there are a variety of switches used on various Fords, even a plunger style on some models. I would simply track the warning light wire to the switch to find it.
:tup:
David

·
Registered
576 Posts
The BRAKE lamp in the cluster indicates service brake failure...not park brake activation. On 67 there should be a seperate chrome bezel low on the dash for parking brake lamp.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts