Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

Part ID?

937 views 9 replies 8 participants last post by  FEandGoingBroke 
#1 ·
Any idea what this is? I have a bag of a few hundred of these amongst a pile of NOS Ford parts. Just curious what it is.

Thanks!

See less See more
#2 ·
They look like "Exhaust Manifold Bolt Locks" (you place them under the bolts, kind of like a washer, then when you are tight you bend the little ears up so that are flat with the sides of a hex bolt, to keep the bolts from backing out), but those ones don't look like they would fit around an exhaust port, at least not on a Ford V8 anyways. Don't know if this helps any, hopefully someone here knows the exact answer for you.
Mike

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Humphrey351 on 11/5/06 10:31am ]</font>

#4 ·
It must be from an engine with very small ports as the centerline distance is 1.343. I agree it looks like it may be for exhaust but also very small?

Thanks,

#7 ·
On 2006-11-05 06:27, 68sportcoup wrote:
chebby timing chain sprocket bolt locks.
same idea diff location
I totally forgot that chebbies use them for the cam sprockets, I am so used to seeing them for exhaust bolts I didn't even think of any other use. Now I have a question, since it's said they were found in with a bunch of Ford NOS items...did Ford use them on any of the earlier engines?
Mike

#8 ·
They go on the Bolts Between ports not across the ports, right?...?...?...
Meaning only 3 per side of the car with lock washer on last 2 bolts on the manifold?
Is that a possibility?

FE

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: FALCONAROUND on 11/6/06 12:51am ]</font>

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.