Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
How long since you paid?
It's been since july :( He was in the precess of moving in july to LA for a collaboration with a speed shop.. Things fell through for him in september and he moved back to washington. The least he could of done was tell me to wait till he got to the shop in LA and then send the money. The last time i talked to him was last week or so and he said my parts are laid out and just needs to be packaged and to call him a couple days later. So i called a couple days later and he said he just got in cuz he has been snowed in the past couple. Okay, i let that one slide. Faxed him last friday to find out what's going on and no response. Called @ least 10 times today, no pick up. It just sucks cuz i trusted the guy.. I don't know what to do :frown:

·
Registered
160 Posts
This same thing has happened to me with a different company that did work to a truck i have. They were doing exhaust and header swap on the truck and the shop moved from where they were to a new location. Once at the new location(parts prior paid for cash) I witnessed people in the shop being paid cash daily for the work they were doing...Feeling uneasy about what i witnessed i insisted i needed the truck the next day and told them they had to finished....They did and fortunatly other than some leaking gaskets from improperly torqued bolts, which i went back to fix next day, to my near amazement the shop was locked up tight and never reopened. To this day i wonder what would have happened to my vehicle, money invested, etc if i hadnt made them finish it when they did......long story short i learned to pay with cards that can show payments to companys(paper trail) and i never do business with a shop unless a. it has been in business for a long time, or b. i go there often to act like im asking for quotes generally just observing what they are doing.......I really hope it works out for you and you get the parts or your money back!

·
Registered
977 Posts
this same thing has happened to me with a different company that did work to a truck i have. They were doing exhaust and header swap on the truck and the shop moved from where they were to a new location. Once at the new location(parts prior paid for cash) i witnessed people in the shop being paid cash daily for the work they were doing...feeling uneasy about what i witnessed i insisted i needed the truck the next day and told them they had to finished....they did and fortunatly other than some leaking gaskets from improperly torqued bolts, which i went back to fix next day, to my near amazement the shop was locked up tight and never reopened. To this day i wonder what would have happened to my vehicle, money invested, etc if i hadnt made them finish it when they did......long story short i learned to pay with cards that can show payments to companys(paper trail) and i never do business with a shop unless a. It has been in business for a long time, or b. I go there often to act like im asking for quotes generally just observing what they are doing.......i really hope it works out for you and you get the parts or your money back!
did he throw the golden gate bridge in for free!!!

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Pay with a credit card, NOT a debt card or check. Then when you do not get the goods or services you just call Visa and tell them. Instant refund and they will go after the Scum bag.
Thanks for the advice. My friend asked me that also what i paid with. Just sucks that i trusted the person. I appreciate your input and for future purchases it's all credit card from now on

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
This same thing has happened to me with a different company that did work to a truck i have. They were doing exhaust and header swap on the truck and the shop moved from where they were to a new location. Once at the new location(parts prior paid for cash) I witnessed people in the shop being paid cash daily for the work they were doing...Feeling uneasy about what i witnessed i insisted i needed the truck the next day and told them they had to finished....They did and fortunatly other than some leaking gaskets from improperly torqued bolts, which i went back to fix next day, to my near amazement the shop was locked up tight and never reopened. To this day i wonder what would have happened to my vehicle, money invested, etc if i hadnt made them finish it when they did......long story short i learned to pay with cards that can show payments to companys(paper trail) and i never do business with a shop unless a. it has been in business for a long time, or b. i go there often to act like im asking for quotes generally just observing what they are doing.......I really hope it works out for you and you get the parts or your money back!
Thanks for your story and positive reply. I really hope it does workout also :(

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Was it hotrod or hotrods? Have you checked the bbb to see if there are complaints there?
hotrodusa.com was his old website.. now its http://www.partscityusa.com/store/index.html

Thanks for the tip and i am gonna look right now. I just talked to his neighbor he shares the building with called Cost Less Auto Parts and he said to call him tomorrow so he can directly transfer me to him. I been calling and calling no answer. I emailed him tonight hopefully i get an answer back. This is so frustrating :mad: Just hoping i get my parts :cry: Anyone on here live in the state of vancouver washington that can lend a helping hand??

·
Registered
10,454 Posts
I don't live close enough to make that 400-mile trip, but I certainly would walk right in if I were. I'm sure it would go smoothly with a person standing there. ;) It usually does. If you find someone in the Portland, OR or SW Washington area to go for you, be sure you mail (or FAX if necessary) a signed letter to that person and the shop authorizing pickup, and be available for a telephone confirmation and to verify everything. Good luck!

David

PS: Start a thread in the All Ford and Garage sections titled "Need a favor in SW Washington/Portland area" or something like that and link to this thread. You may get a few more folks to see it. Don't use a newbie.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I don't live close enough to make that 400-mile trip, but I certainly would walk right in if I were. I'm sure it would go smoothly with a person standing there. ;) It usually does. If you find someone in the Portland, OR or SW Washington area to go for you, be sure you mail (or FAX if necessary) a signed letter to that person and the shop authorizing pickup, and be available for a telephone confirmation and to verify everything. Good luck!

David

PS: Start a thread in the All Ford and Garage sections titled "Need a favor in SW Washington/Portland area" or something like that and link to this thread. You may get a few more folks to see it. Don't use a newbie.
S.O.B. :mad: THIS IS FOR EVERYONE.. PLEASE READ!!!! This is very recent too...

0GorillaPerformance aka DeanOshiro aka hotrodsusa [Dispute] - Corvette Forum

·
Registered
10,454 Posts
Well, there's your answer. I will not place any blame for this on you - it is his doing. However, any action to recover from this guy and stop him from hurting others is strictly your responsibility. No more talk. Let us know what specific steps you are taking to stop this guy. Let us also know how we can help. Good luck.

David

·
Administrator
22,117 Posts
I read a couple complaints on a couple forums from recently including that one posted. Nothing in BBB for the new name but a couple complaints under the old name and an F rating. Emailed a friend down that way and he emailed some racing guy and he had never heard of the place before.

Good luck to ya! I don't know anyone well enough down there to ask if they could at the very least check it out. The one is waayyyy up north in AK right now and he's the only one i know sort of well. Be nce to know if the doors are at least open.

·
Administrator
22,117 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I read a couple complaints on a couple forums from recently including that one posted. Nothing in BBB for the new name but a couple complaints under the old name and an F rating. Emailed a friend down that way and he emailed some racing guy and he had never heard of the place before.

Good luck to ya! I don't know anyone well enough down there to ask if they could at the very least check it out. The one is waayyyy up north in AK right now and he's the only one i know sort of well. Be nce to know if the doors are at least open.
Ok, i talked to Dean and his partner Alex yesterday.. The way i did it was i called the neightbor they share the building with that is another parts wharehouse and he transffered me on over. I did it that way so they won't see who is calling. And sure enough they answered the phone. Well Alex answered the phone and i told him what was going on and he said they are goning to take care of the old customers. Alex said Dean was at lunch and he would have him call me when he got back and Dean did call.. I got excuses of course but he said he would be sending the hubs, rotors, booster etc.. But my 2" dropped spindles were gonna take 3 weeks cuz he was having a problem with the bushings he said, mmhmm :frown:.. He gave me his cell # 360-606-5509 and again said he will take care of me. Emailed him and faxed him today for my order and the receipt i got from before. He responded quickly, don't think he liked that i faxed it cuz he said it went through 5 people before he got it. But he also told me his fax wasn't working, lol. I'm no fool, that's why i faxed it over to see and i got a confirmation log sheet that they received the fax. He says some of the stuff is gonna be on it's way but i won't believe it till i see it and the order is complete. I am working on some things and will let you guys know the progress.. Thanks for the positive feedbacks and please to send me more positive vibes as i will need it till my order is completed. Thank you everyone and appreciate your help :bow:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello
You must be very careful as I went trough the same pb with Dean.
I have paid >10 000 to get some parts one year ago. After asking for weeks to get them, he told me it was coming and suddendly that he was bankrupted in October 2011.
Since then I have been trough attorneys and official US justice people to understand that it would be more costly as an individual to go trough court without too much chances to get anything back!
I got information on same stories with him years ago ( i have the tribunal documents and information from attorneys ).

The only issue looks like a collective classe action to divide the cost, get something and stop this guy
Let me know if you want to get on
regards
E Félix

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Hello
You must be very careful as I went trough the same pb with Dean.
I have paid >10 000 to get some parts one year ago. After asking for weeks to get them, he told me it was coming and suddendly that he was bankrupted in October 2011.
Since then I have been trough attorneys and official US justice people to understand that it would be more costly as an individual to go trough court without too much chances to get anything back!
I got information on same stories with him years ago ( i have the tribunal documents and information from attorneys ).

The only issue looks like a collective classe action to divide the cost, get something and stop this guy
Let me know if you want to get on
regards
E Félix

Oh maaann, really? This really sucks.. I think the people that all got di*ked from this we should pay him a visit. People like these guys sould not be in buisness. This relly fu#*n sucks. Just when i thought it was getting better. I am really heading towards payin this guy a visit before he moves again

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.