Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

Parting out a 1968 Galaxie

7K views 35 replies 13 participants last post by  JD66Falcon 
#1 · (Edited)
I'm parting out a 1968 Ford Galaxie 500 4 door hardtop. I am located in Edmonton Alberta Canada. The car is mostly there, the windshield is toast, backseat is gone, I'm using the frame, it has a 390 which is siezed (will try to unseize it this week), missing the PS Fender, hood and DS fender are there but both need work, Interior door panels are in next to mint shape some minor damage along the bottom but nothing noticeable. Reply to this thread or message me if you need anything.

I also have 2 spare grilles for it, both are in great shape, one has headlamp guards on it.

#32 ·
Today is the last day to show interest in the parts I have left. If they are not spoken for by the end of the day they will be cut up and sold for scrap! $100 for all four doors and trunk lid (in other words, $20 per item), $100 for the front bench seat (will include the seat covers), $100 for the rear window (includes all of the trim). $300 for everything! Sale is pick up only, All Offers Will Be Considered.

#34 ·
Curious on what did you end up getting for the scrap? PM if you don't want to post on here. I am asking because I am wondering if it is worth my time to scrap the 4 doors and a few other things I have. ;)

#35 ·
I haven't scrapped them yet. They are going to be sent to the scrap yard this week. But I am cutting off and saving the skins, as that will be cheaper than buying new metal. :) Will post what I get for them in scrap later this week. Although I belive the scrap metal buying price right now is about 9 cents per pound.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.