Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im wondering, im told that the suspension and many other components in my 66 falcon 2 door coupe are very similar if not identical to a 66 mustang in terms of performance suspension can i use mustang parts or will i have to build my own stuff

·
Registered
5,337 Posts
Beginning in 1966, the FALCON was based on a shortened FAIRLANE platform.

The earlier FALCON/COMET front susp/steering was basically the same as the 65/66 MUST (a few parts differences).

What parts are you looking for?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i havent acctually drivin it yet as the motor is seized up but ive been told that hard cornering is just not possible with thees cars. its a 289 two door coupe. im looking at a 289 crate engine from pro-formance engines they say it makes about 320-350hp so i need the suspension to handel the extra power and it also needs to corner well as i love driving tight mountain road pretty much i want a good all rounder

·
Registered
634 Posts
I'v never owned one but I allways thought they had a better chassis platform than the early ones. I have a friend with a 66 that he dropped a crate engine in . Not sure of the cubes but it's a lot more than 289. He says it handles real good but i don't know if he up graded the chassis .

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
Beginning in 1966, the FALCON was based on a shortened FAIRLANE platform.

The earlier FALCON/COMET front susp/steering was basically the same as the 65/66 MUST (a few parts differences).

What parts are you looking for?
So, are you saying that suspension performance parts that are listed for the '66 FAIRLANE will transfer to his '66 FALCON?

KZ sometimes you crack me up, answer a question WITH a question.... just sayin'...

·
Registered
289 Posts
Ordered '67 Mustang complete front suspension kit for my '67 Falcon S/C and everything fits. All the parts looked the same. You can cross reference your parts through Dearborn or Macs by using their parts number and see if it's the same as the Mustangs'.

I did that before buying it through Mustang Unlimited- they have killer prices. I know they're made in China or Mexico... but, that's most parts stores now a days. Good luck. Take lots of pictures and post them!

·
Registered
5,337 Posts
So, are you saying that suspension performance parts that are listed for the '66 FAIRLANE will transfer to his '66 FALCON?

KZ sometimes you drack me up, answer a question WITH a question.... just sayin'...
Yes... Same as FAIRLANE and almost same as 67 MUST up (suspension not steering).

I merely asked what parts he is looking for to possibly help him find them... :confused:

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
Yes... Same as FAIRLANE and almost same as 67 MUST up (suspension not steering).

I merely asked what parts he is looking for to possibly help him find them... :confused:
Oh. Sorry didnt mean to sound the way it did... :D

But now even HE knows...

·
Registered
5,337 Posts
Oh. Sorry didnt mean to sound the way it did... :D
That's OK...

I guess I am suffering from delayed stress syndrome resulting from DanH numerous negative and hurtful posts...

I am a very sensitive individual you know...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts