Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Kind of on topic. I bought a parts washer and media blaster cabinet yesterday for cleaning parts up on the galaxie. I got the cheapie 20 gallon parts washer from harbor freight... I was at tractor supply and next to their washer that's identical to mine they had psc1000 which is petroleum based I'm sure. I picked up a 5 gallon bucket of it, then got a 5 gallon bucket of zep purple stuff. I'm torn on which to use. If I go with the zep what kind of mixture should I be looking at with water?
Brian

·
Premium Member
779 Posts
I've never used the water based solvents. When I got mine, I picked up some Stoddard solvent...got it from a local oil supply place. Very happy with it, but you gotta be careful with the sparks and what not. I've had it now about 3 1/2 years and its still very potent as far as degreasing ability. I need to drain and strain one of these days. :)

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I've heard nasty stuff about the purple stuff after I picked it up. I know the model says no petrol based products. BUT that is what tad sells next to the same unit. I got the hf media blaster as well. I'm going to run a silicone bead on all the seams to help with dust issues I've read about.
Briab

1 - 5 of 5 Posts