Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
63 sedan post. passenger window dropped. crank works fine but window came out of track and track off of raising/lowering arms. what am I in for? what do I do? oh yeah just got three boxes of parts from eckler and dennis carpenter, guess they will have to wait, aint that how it goes?

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
OK, git it back up, bushings/rollers/whatchamacallits shot. Ordered 8 more cost more in shipping but whatever. Question now is, does that glass just sit there? All held together by those two clips on the rollers?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Registered
513 Posts
Hello Johnson,
And welcome to the forum. I have a two-door sedan (that's with the post, so similar to yours, but two doors). I have power windows, so I can't help you with cranks and such. But some of the interior window runnings are the same between power and regular windows. Namely, the tracks that the glass actually sits in is the same, and the rollers that the track rides on are as well. It comes down to whether the regulator is driven by a crank or an electric motor.

For a couple years I went around and around with our troublesome windows, which were non-functional on so many levels it was ridiculous. I got very good at opening the door panels and digging into the guts of the windows. I don't know if this will help, but here's a pic of our passenger window, the glass laying in the (original, rusty and warped) glass channel, the channel welded to the channel runners, and the runners connected to what we could call the roller guide, where the red plastic rollers run back and forth.

I'm afraid I can't tell from your description quite what your problem is, whether the glass came out of the channel or what. The glass was originally held in the channel by a putty, or possibly glass tape. To fix my problem, I wound up having entirely new channels made (from stainless steel, take that you rust), and fixing the old windows to the new channels with modern auto glass epoxy.

Good luck,
Jay

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
My old girl is a two door as well. The channel isn't rusted and the rubber part isn't dry at all. Just seems like there should be more holding that all together. Plan is pull all panels, glue all windows into the channel and replace all rollers. I'm assuming that's a good idea. Don't wanna get caught in the rain again with a window down. Thanks for advice.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

1 - 4 of 4 Posts