Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
how much ventilation is necessary for the crankcase? do i need ventilation out of both valve covers? currently, i have one of those mini open air filter breathers on one valve cover and a enclosed on with a spout like the stock kind on the other that feeds to the carb air cleaner. can i eliminate the mini open air filter or do i have to ventilate from both sides? It smells if i roll the windows down and i wanna get rid of that. its a pretty pumped up 302 with about 9:1 compression.

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
it should go to the pcv port on the carb, not the air cleaner.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
do i need a pcv valve or can i just run from a breather with a spout to the pcv port and then just run a closed one on the other valve cover?

·
Registered
63 Posts
The best way to run it is to have a pcv valve on one valve cover going to the pcv port on the carb. Then you can either use a breather like you have or a road draft tube on the other side. I prefer the road draft tube because you can route it so you're not getting crankcase stink up in your driver compartment. Also, the pcv will help suck a lot of that crap back into the carb therefore reducing how much is coming out of your breather on the other end.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts