Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

pcv - what is necessary

1K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  70grande 
#1 ·
how much ventilation is necessary for the crankcase? do i need ventilation out of both valve covers? currently, i have one of those mini open air filter breathers on one valve cover and a enclosed on with a spout like the stock kind on the other that feeds to the carb air cleaner. can i eliminate the mini open air filter or do i have to ventilate from both sides? It smells if i roll the windows down and i wanna get rid of that. its a pretty pumped up 302 with about 9:1 compression.

#4 ·
The best way to run it is to have a pcv valve on one valve cover going to the pcv port on the carb. Then you can either use a breather like you have or a road draft tube on the other side. I prefer the road draft tube because you can route it so you're not getting crankcase stink up in your driver compartment. Also, the pcv will help suck a lot of that crap back into the carb therefore reducing how much is coming out of your breather on the other end.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.