Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Well. You could just have them re-arched. I had mine re-arched and another leaf added. They work well and it only cost me about 100$
And thats a lot cheaper than like 220 for decent five leafs!!!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Fastback68 on 6/29/02 3:37pm ]</font>

·
Registered
76 Posts
hey cougarguy where in the bay area are you from cause i know a guy that does them? he did a buddies of mine who has a cougar. and hes doing mine for my falcon. he is putting in like 7 leafs i think

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: 63var on 7/1/02 2:20pm ]</font>

·
Registered
154 Posts
I had them re-arched here in redding. This guy does blacksmith work and is able to heat them up and bend them. He is pretty popular among the hot rod crowd around here because of that. It took him about 2 hours to do both springs and add a leaf to each. Came out really nice, good quality

I dont have his number or anything right here but I will try and get it tomorrow

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Sorry for not replying earlier. I actually got new springs (4 1/2 leaf standard eye) from Mustangs Plus. They sell Cougar springs, and they're so close, I got them the next day.
Threw them in that night, everything is soooo much better. My car was running pretty low before, and I just built a custom subwoofer box which added close to if not 100 lbs. So, it's great, and everybody who is running on old stock springs, GET NEW ONES!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.