Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know of a good set of muffler that wont restrict to much but are quiet? I have a set of 2 chamber flowmasters on one of my mustangs but they are too loud for what i want on my convertible. I have a set of 3 chamber delta flows sitting around, but when i tried to have those put on my fastback, the guy said they were too big. I know i could use a set of turbos but anyone know of anything else, possibly even quieter than turbos?

·
Registered
672 Posts
I think turbos are a good choice if you don't want it too loud. Or you could go with the Edelbrock mufflers, my buddy had some on his truck with a 351 and it was not too loud nut it rumbled.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Well I guess hooker max flow mufflers are quiet. Plus from what I have read they flow good too. I dunno, I'll see when I get my car running, I'm going from dynomax super turbos to the max flows. I just wish someone online would have sound clips of a bunch of different type of mufflers. Another one I would like to listen to is the spintech mufflers.

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
The muffler guy that did my car used Flo-Pro mufflers as a cost alternative to flowmasters. They claim to outflow the flowmasters. For me the sound is where they really shine. They really are fairly quiet at driving speeds(I don't have any sound insulation in the car)and only become loud when you mash the gas. The best part was they were only $35 a piece and they don't drone in the car at idle.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts