Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
694 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone ever use the performance products harmonic balancer? If so are they any good? Are they a better balancer then stock?
Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

·
Registered
5,551 Posts
Heavy, but they won't come apart or slip the outer ring. I have 4 of them...wait 5. 3 of them are in use, and the other 2 are on spare engines and ready to go. Good parts for minimal investment.

·
Registered
317 Posts
No problems with mine. Its two years old now. I would buy another one.

·
Registered
1,604 Posts
I like mine. It was handy when I went from 24 oz imbalance to 50 oz, just went to the local speed shop and bought a new bolt in counterweight for $12.

·
Registered
330 Posts
Hey B65FF ..
When JB redid my 390, they had to use the Performance damper 'cause they couldn't get a stock one. For all the hoopla and cost, and OFFICIAL racing tag in the box, the bloody thing was no good. It wobbled like crazy. Had to take it back and show them. I was worried that the end of my crank was bent but it was a "rare" defective damper. Replacement was fine. Just don't assume that high quality parts are always perfect all the time.

·
Registered
330 Posts
No problem with replacement. Everyone was quite surprised that it was defective. I swapped it out in their parking lot

·
Registered
252 Posts
run mine for the last 2 years (including 15 6500rpm passes at the port drags)
and no probs. seems good enough to me

1 - 11 of 11 Posts