Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, Im sick of looking and talking to people on the phone who go "????????" when I ask them for a slotted rotor to go with my disc swap. Did any of you get slotted or drilled rotors for your Galaxie with a disc swap or stock disc car? Keep in mind I am not buying one of those "kits", and I am using brakes from a 78 Cougar.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Hi there,

I have slotted rotors on my 1960 (w/granada spindles). I strongly recommend you talk to the guys at http://www.praisedynobrake.com They are extremely helpful and have great products.

Cheers,
Brian

PS I would avoid drilling the rotors if it were my car...unless you want to toss them in the trash with the next set of pads.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: 60Fairlane on 3/10/06 5:11am ]</font>

·
Registered
830 Posts
Do not drill your rotors!!!!!!!! Drilling them creates stress cracks and will lead to brake damage. As Brain said they are good if you plan on replacing them regularly. Let me ask you why do you want cross drilled rotors? Are you auto crossing? drag racing? Or are you going for looks?

·
Registered
2,301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I don't want drilled, I want slotted due to the brake advantages it delivers. I just would like to give it every advantage I can within reason for what is going to be a mostly street used car.
60 Fairlane, let me guess; you used mustang applications right? That is the problem in my arena. I am using 78 Mercury Cougar brakes for the swap on my 65 Gal. I thought that their would be some type of interchangability that I could use to get "high performance" stuff, but I havent found it as of yet. So until then I will have to settle for run of the mill ford OEM type parts. Crap!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: v8shadow on 3/10/06 6:52am ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: v8shadow on 3/10/06 6:52am ]</font>

·
Registered
2,301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Called mpbrakes and they said that thier rotors go with kits only. Seemed wierd to me too.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Hey shadow,

No, my rotors were for a granada spindle - did you call the guys at praise dyno brake? They are usually pretty busy, so you may have to leave a message but they'll call you back.

Cheers,
Brian

·
Registered
2,301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
What my thinking was that if you used the granada spindle and since that is what alot of guys used to convert drum brake mustangs, that just sold you what is interchangable for mustang. I'll call them. That machining might be an option to.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts