Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The car is a 64 futura 2 door V8 car that was a 260 4 spd. it doesn't have any drive train so I am starting new

these are picks the previous owner took at his house

how she sits right now just under a cover under his porch

Checked the VIN code
4 Year 1964

H Assembly Lorain, OH

17 Body Falcon Futura 2-Door Hardtop

F Engine 8 Cyl. 260 CID

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #2

I have a 95 302 that had 60k miles on it but has been sitting for a couple of years...didnt look the best so a complete teardown is happening..

I couldn't resist with the pic

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

got the motor all torn apart...now Im going to be calling the machine shop to see what its all going to cost...hot tank, hone and freeze plugs...

since its a 95 302 block the dipstick is in the block is there a block off for it? i picked up a set of valve covers and air cleaner from a 65 falcon and timing cover from a 79 302 so all I need now is a oil pan....will that air cleaner work with that carb if i use a spacer on the top of the carb...i was playing with it and saw that the carb linkage was hitting the bottom of the air cleaner...I am going for a stock appearance... debating on the 289 hipo k exhaust manifolds

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

here is the pics I took when i went out to look at it. a little rust in the floors and a little in the trunk

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
still need to pick up a transmission, radiator, rear bumper, different rear end and a bench seat...i'll be working on it this weekend and take some better pics

·
Registered
340 Posts
Looks like you've got your work cut out for you.

You know those are the wrong tail light lenses for a 64?

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yeah i was told that they are 65 tail lights...today i will be pulling the mustang out of the garage and the falcon in it to start digging into it

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
some progress today

tomorrow is climbing into the engine bay and put her on jacks...hopefully pull fenders without all the bolts rusted to the nuts and maybe even pull, master cylinder, heater assy..

·
Premium Member
4,010 Posts
It's looking a lot better, keep at it you'll get there. A few of us have or are going through the same thing. Good luck to you.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
got the hood and passenger fender off tonight...got the driver down except two bolts...one is rusted to the nut and the other one is the one in the cowl. and the nut plate let loose to im not sure how to get that one.. I have also been contemplating drilling out the bolt heads and just move on after the fender is off. My plan is to strip all the undercoating on the fender wells and strip the engine bay

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
here is some more progress from the weekend. stripped the hood and both fenders and started to strip the undercoating and paint from the fenderwells. had to drill off two bolt heads. ones not going to be to hard to replace but the nutplate in the cowl is going to be a pain to replace. I am going to need to look at renting a media blaster and get it all done rather quickly

even my girlfriend was out there helping me.

this was an odd mod that I discovered...probably to adjust the clutch

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
some of the bad of the floor

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
here is some progress today...hopefully finish up the core support and prep ir for paint. I need to take some pics of the rust damage so i can get some advice on how to attack it....

·
Registered
340 Posts
Great progress! And lucky you, that was a factory V8 car.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Great progress! And lucky you, that was a factory V8 car.

yes that is true. my mustang is a 6 cyl car . I know the pains involved. but this one is a early 64 so it has the 65 steering. so i will be searching for 65-6 mustang spindles to convert her over to 65 steering...i might even look into a 65 steering box and do the quick steer kit on it to go along with the shelby drop i plan on doing. I am also looking at that opentracker roller front end..

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
wow i hate sandblasting and filtering the media ...uggg...but I am almost at the point to air off and pressure wash the front end and get all the media and acetone to prep to primer. then spray the jet black. I am going to look at a flat clear also..and get new seam sealant before all of that. and figure out what undercoating to spray in the fenderwells. there is some cancer on the cowl and the torque box on the driver side. I'll take pics of it tomorrow and see what togo from here to fix it.

·
Premium Member
4,010 Posts
While you're at it, buy your girlfriend some flowers. Spray on bed liner works pretty well in the wells.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #20

laid the seam sealer today and sprayed the primer. after it dried wetsanded with 400 and then with 600 grit...ran out of light and motivation...tomorrow back at it with wetsanding and painting the black in the engine bay, also pickup two cans of the bed liner for the fenderwells. more pics to come. still need to sandblast the light buckets, rear fender splashshields and the hood hinges.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts